Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Jackets | 1/27/15 | 7pm EST | Everyone's an All Star!!

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Ovi was bad today, shooting into bodies instead of passing.

Hillen and Wilson might need to sit.

OVs Gold Chain*

need the pitt game bad. Was hoping the break would stop the slide, but obviously it didn't. Thankfully we got a small cushion.

:laugh: Yeah, another b2b game should do the trick. Those really seem to get this team going! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
And they've lost me again.

I dk how a team transforms into a two-way powerhouse for 6-7 weeks then completely falls apart.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Stop being bipolar everybody a nhl season is full of streaks. You've been fans long enough. When we won the nhl regular season we had joke games and stretches where we looked shady. Smooth out. The core is solid enough to make the playoffs in its current state. Move perhaps for some sort of competitive run but this core in this system is playoff bound.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's "just enough" disease again. Have some success, coast. Stop moving the legs, stop doing the little things, become the victim of coin flip bad breaks.

I thought maybe they finally had it figured out. Ovie was actually backchecking in the ASG, fer crissakes. But that may have had more to do with his desire for the MVP and a car, now that I think about it.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
I don't think they've scored once with the goalie pulled all year.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the last ENG was Kuznetsov's first NHL goal, late last year.

EDIT: Actually, I might be wrong. They were either shorthanded or had the goalie pulled, but I know for sure it was a last minute goal. Can't think of any other recent ENGs.

Suds

Nov 27, 2014
Caps lost to a lesser team....the question is why?

The answer doesn't seem to be a easy one to find.....even by professional coaches.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Stop being bipolar everybody a nhl season is full of streaks. You've been fans long enough. When we won the nhl regular season we had joke games and stretches where we looked shady. Smooth out. The core is solid enough to make the playoffs in its current state. Move perhaps for some sort of competitive run but this core in this system is playoff bound.

I hear you but this is where I think we lost 7 or 8 in a row last season...we have a little cushion but mot much. Also Holtby has me worried...he has to be out standing because this team ii s not good enough with average goal tending

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
A tough game to lose. Caps took too many penalties and that the third period was horrible. Rough schedule ahead and damn the All Star Game.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Alan May is a really good at what he does. I wonder if he'll ever get poached by NHL Network or NBC.

I hope not. If Locker and Brent Johnson are the only ones goofily analyzing this team we're doomed.

And Tlusty just scored vs TB. That's the guy that jumps out at me among all the names that have been thrown around. Another bad loss tomorrow and I'm hitting the panic trade button.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
It's "just enough" disease again. Have some success, coast. Stop moving the legs, stop doing the little things, become the victim of coin flip bad breaks.

I thought maybe they finally had it figured out. Ovie was actually backchecking in the ASG, fer crissakes. But that may have had more to do with his desire for the MVP and a car, now that I think about it.

Dead on.

With Bruce they were so busy playing firewagon hockey the lazy fundamental creep wasn't as apparent.

Very ****ing lame to see them get a taste of success and take their foot off the pedal.

Your move, Barry.

OVs Gold Chain*

I've seen this movie enough times to know how it ends. This Caps team has played undisciplined hockey and put the game in the refs hands for the last 5 years. They've started doing it again for the last 4 games and lost all 4. How many losses in a row will it take before they stop committing so many penalties?

Poor effort against a team on the ropes without its best player. Division rival too. Embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad