Post-Game Talk: caps isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
Sorry to hear yo

Sorry to hear you are a mets fan. This must be a difficult time for you.

If the isles get the arena, it won't be announced until January to February. Ground won't break till way after that, so like..... 3 years?
I saw Belmont raceway is getting shut down for renovations for 2 years, starting in 2018. They (everyone involved) would probably want to try to get both done simultaneously, for practicality and cost. Your estimate of 3yrs is right. Still alot of things to work out assuming it goes through.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
I saw Belmont raceway is getting shut down for renovations for 2 years, starting in 2018. They (everyone involved) would probably want to try to get both done simultaneously, for practicality and cost. Your estimate of 3yrs is right. Still alot of things to work out assuming it goes through.

That is correct. This year's Belmont Stakes is rumored to be taking place at Saratoga.

The rumors are that a decision will be made in the next month, before NYS Governor's State of the State address. Isles owners said they want to get shovels in the ground this spring if they win.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Sorry to hear you are a mets fan. This must be a difficult time for you.

If the isles get the arena, it won't be announced until January to February. Ground won't break till way after that, so like..... 3 years?

I'm a 31-year old Mets + DC sports fan. It's been difficult my whole life. :laugh: God damn Adam Wainwright. :thumbd:

It's funny... I've gotten to a point where I don't care about the Nats either way. I've actually found myself not rooting against them in the playoffs because I know my DC brethren are cursed to a life of watching their teams choke and underachieve. That said, I do always joke with my dad and brother that the Nats -- the only DC team we don't like -- will be the team to break the curse because f*** us, right?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Statement game.

Don't get carried away by the Islanders recent bad stretch, they are a very good home team this season. They'll need to play well to win this one.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I'm a 31-year old Mets + DC sports fan. It's been difficult my whole life. :laugh: God damn Adam Wainwright. :thumbd:

It's funny... I've gotten to a point where I don't care about the Nats either way. I've actually found myself not rooting against them in the playoffs because I know my DC brethren are cursed to a life of watching their teams choke and underachieve. That said, I do always joke with my dad and brother that the Nats -- the only DC team we don't like -- will be the team to break the curse because **** us, right?

Don't worry, I still think the Caps will be the first to break the curse. Only problem is that it will happen 25 or 30 years from now :laugh:

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Isles fans somehow hate the Caps more than Caps fans hate the Penguins. Their saltiness over Wilson and the playoff series three years ago is truly something to behold.

Oh i have plenty hatred in my heart to spread equally across Pens, Isles, Rangers, AND flyers (the old Patrick Division crew).

Isles’ fans remember Hunter’s cheap shot on Turgeon, and on my side, i still have a hole in my heart left over from the goddamned Easter Epic.

There is plenty of history between these two teams, just not a lot of recent history.

Last edited:

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Oh i have plenty hatred in my heart to spread equally across Pens, Isles, Rangers, AND flyers (the old Patrick Division crew).

Isles’ fans remember Hunter’s cheap shot on Turgeon, and on my side, i still have a hole in my heart left over from the goddamned Easter Epic.

There is plenty of history between these two teams, just not a lot of recent history.
The recent-ish history is the Caps lengthy winning streak during the Isles' hapless years post-dynasty, followed by the Wilson episode.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder how much they get paid for that local Paisano’s commercial....so bad, in the Eastern Motors category lol....

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
They had more than one day of rest, and you have That type of start.

With a KHL type schedule (for 90% of the time they have 1 day of rest between games, even in PO) this team would be champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad