Post-Game Talk: caps isles

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Really interested to see how 8-19-43 performs against Lee-Tavares-Bailey.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
If Willy can repeat his 2+2 performance tonight, I think 12/11/2017 will become a mourning day for the isles board.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I feel like I've seen this movie before. TW ignites the first line and opposing teams start taking advantage of his reputation to disrupt it and get him in the box.

TW plays a smrt game tonight and we win. 4-1.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Isles fans somehow hate the Caps more than Caps fans hate the Penguins. Their saltiness over Wilson and the playoff series three years ago is truly something to behold.

Isles have lost three straight and that very high team shooting % is starting to come back down to earth, although they have been dominant on home ice. Let's make it four straight Ls for them and five straight Ws for us.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Isles fans somehow hate the Caps more than Caps fans hate the Penguins. Their saltiness over Wilson and the playoff series three years ago is truly something to behold.

Isles have lost three straight and that very high team shooting % is starting to come back down to earth, although they have been dominant on home ice. Let's make it four straight Ls for them and five straight Ws for us.

Yep, I have the same feeling.
They try to create a rivalry with us based on that Wilson hit, it's a little bit hilarious.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
Last year's 3rd line chemistry doesn't work anymore. Time to try 65 on the 2nd line instead of 39. Chiasson just wastes Vrana's and Kuzy's ES ice-time.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

The Caps are as much in the Isles fans' heads as the Pens are in our heads. It feels ridiculous when you're on the other side of it.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Last year's 3rd line chemistry doesn't work anymore. Time to try 65 on the 2nd line instead of 39. Chiasson just wastes Vrana's and Kuzy's ES ice-time.

I'd much rather Stephenson be in the top 9 than Chiasson.

That said, I like Burakovsky where he is. Eller needs 2 shooters, as he has a poor shot. He's great on the boards and is a pretty good passer, so Burakovsky works well there. IMO, I'd like Stephenson to be on line 2

8-19-43
13-92-18
10-20-65
39-83-25

Stephenson is good on the 4th, but his ice time is too low. Then once Oshie comes back, slide Stephenson back to 4th and sit Chiasson

8-19-43
13-92-77
10-20-65
18-83-25

Those are the Caps best lines, when healthy, IMO.

Far as the game goes....if they can continue to start fast, they could win. I expect the Isles to play with some abandon. It's probably going to be a 3pt game, since its the Metro.

4-3 in OT. Not sure who wins

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
The Caps are as much in the Isles fans' heads as the Pens are in our heads. It feels ridiculous when you're on the other side of it.

Maybe, but Caps fans feelings toward Pittsburgh seems more logical. Sid vs Ovie. Three Cups for the Pens and a goose egg for the Caps. Three heartbreaking series losses at the hands of Pittsburgh. A feeling that if not for the Pens, the Caps would have at least a Cup or two during the Ovie era.

The Isles feel mostly irrelevant to me. I don't understand why they're still so angry about something that wasn't that big of a deal.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Maybe, but Caps fans feelings toward Pittsburgh seems more logical. Sid vs Ovie. Three Cups for the Pens and a goose egg for the Caps. Three heartbreaking series losses at the hands of Pittsburgh. A feeling that if not for the Pens, the Caps would have at least a Cup or two during the Ovie era.

The Isles feel mostly irrelevant to me. I don't understand why they're still so angry about something that wasn't that big of a deal.

They're upset over a clean hit that happened in a playoff series 3 years ago. They can make jokes about us not having won a Stanley Cup, but at least we're not in danger of losing our team and our best player.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Isles fans are annoying. They always have to complain about Wilson. Pens fans don't complain about beagles "headshot"on Crosby

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
They're upset over a clean hit that happened in a playoff series 3 years ago. They can make jokes about us not having won a Stanley Cup, but at least we're not in danger of losing our team and our best player.

Isles are very close to being awarded a new arena next to Belmont Park.

Reactions: brachyrynchos

brachyrynchos

Apr 10, 2017
From what I understand, they proposed the plan and the bid on the site, by the Islanders, along with the Mets and MSG behind them. Some residents are leery due to traffic and quality of life and have been voicing their opinions. The Long Island Railroad has a stop there, but would require upgrades to the line and station to accomodate the 18k seat arena. Driving wise, it's an easier commute than Brooklyn, with access to the major parkways, (Southern State and Northern State) and the LIE. Alot of Isles fans feel it's closer to home, with some having boycotted the exit from the Coliseum.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

We have had more than 3 heartbreaking losses to the Penguins. The Pens have 5 cups and knocked the Caps out of the playoffs in all 5 of those cup runs. Those first 2 were just as heartbreaking to me.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I feel like I've seen this movie before. TW ignites the first line and opposing teams start taking advantage of his reputation to disrupt it and get him in the box.

TW plays a smrt game tonight and we win. 4-1.
Its funny how Wilson has become the talk of this team. He deserves it.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Sorry to hear yo
Any idea when that announcement will occur? And when would they be able to move in? As a long-suffering Mets fan in DC, I would love to swing a trip to Citi Field and hopefully catch the Caps vs Isles in Queens as well.

Sorry to hear you are a mets fan. This must be a difficult time for you.

If the isles get the arena, it won't be announced until January to February. Ground won't break till way after that, so like..... 3 years?

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
From what I understand, they proposed the plan and the bid on the site, by the Islanders, along with the Mets and MSG behind them. Some residents are leery due to traffic and quality of life and have been voicing their opinions. The Long Island Railroad has a stop there, but would require upgrades to the line and station to accomodate the 18k seat arena. Driving wise, it's an easier commute than Brooklyn, with access to the major parkways, (Southern State and Northern State) and the LIE. Alot of Isles fans feel it's closer to home, with some having boycotted the exit from the Coliseum.

That is correct.

A few more points:

-It's New York STATE owned land. NYS issues a Request For Proposal "RFP" for a state of the art "year round" sports and entertainment complex;

-Isles and NYFC (MLS club) are the two bidders;

-Isles NEED this arena and ours have echoed such in the media. NYFC, its owners and fans do not want Belmont. They are constantly quoted in the media as saying "belmont is one of the many options we are looking at."
The fact that NYFC would build an outdoor stadium + only ~20-30 soccer matches a year + lack of interest from ownership and fans + an article from a credible Horse Racing Website saying Isles are front-runners, have most of Isles nation confident that this will get done.;

-We all suspect the RFP will be awarded in late December or sometime in January;

-Isles plans are for a 18K arena, hotel, shopping / retail, community center and some parks. Belmont LIRR station would be gutted and renovated;

-Belmont is on the border of Queens and Long Island, much easier commute for almost all Isles fans;

-Elmont and surrounding communities have some residents that opposed a stadium being built. Their concerns are moot at this point. A stadium will be built.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad