Post-Game Talk: caps isles game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capitals1974

Mar 1, 2014
Yeah, and it's not about the player. He has to say that because it's obvious they didn't show up and the coach publicly criticized the entire team, top to bottom. It's about the fact that we read crap like this so frequently instead of something like "we played a good game and left it all on the ice, they were just the better team tonight". Losses are much easier to take when that's the case. It's hard to continue to care or get excited as a fan or a customer when the players themselves don't seem to get it and can't find the urgency that everyone knows is necessary in big games and the playoffs. EVERY DAMN YEAR.

Oh yeah, I know you weren't denigrating Orpik, I was just adding that he did ok, I completely agree with you

Capitals1974

Mar 1, 2014
I'm not talking about this year, just in general. What we need is what he brought to this team.

Brouwer may not agree, but the Caps have never filled the void left by Sasha.

He just brought more post-season FAIL. He was a disaster in that Tampa sweep

Bure

Jan 3, 2011
Ottawa, Ontario
The salary cap will make sure that this is a different team next season if that's the result (it likely will either way). It's pretty easily conceivable that they could be worse next year, though, should they go through the motions in the off-season with no evolving near or long-term vision.

Yeah, same team minus a few players (Green probably won't fit) add in a few plugs and that's the making of a worse team. It won't be pretty.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
The salary cap will make sure that this is a different team next season if that's the result (it likely will either way). It's pretty easily conceivable that they could be worse next year, though, should they go through the motions in the off-season with no evolving near or long-term vision.

They will be better..they will be forced to play the young skilled players...Trotz will pull his hair out.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Closing. Continue in series discussion thread or start a new GDT for Game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad