Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Holtby -

black-chick-throws-a-table-gif.gif

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If we were to win the series, Holtby could be the biggest difference maker for the team. We talk a lot about the physicality of the Caps vs the speed of the Isles, but I think that winning in the Holtby vs Halak matchup is the #1 key to the series.

Savannah Skunk

Nov 21, 2006
Off the banana farm
I am very curious to see how Ovechkin plays these playoffs. You almost get the sense that this is the year he'll steal back some of Crosby's thunder and lay waste to the east. With Trotz at the helm,...

Good Luck fellas, I like Washington.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We will never get our GDT posted on the mains without the logos duh

simpsons-logo-islanders.png

We may need a gif of that angry lady getting angry at the 40 year old virgin

Last edited:

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
I am very curious to see how Ovechkin plays these playoffs. You almost get the sense that this is the year he'll steal back some of Crosby's thunder and lay waste to the east. With Trotz at the helm,...

Good Luck fellas, I like Washington.

We finally get to see Ovechkin and Co. against a non-stifling D in the playoffs...I'm excited.

I'm also very impressed that the woman keeps a hold of her purse throughout the fracas.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
there is nothing Ov can do to steal thunder from Crosby. So far, short of a cup Ovechkin has had a more full and a better career than has Crosby. Ov having a Conn Smythe playoffs and winning a cup with the Caps wont change that.

go caps. beat islanders. no mercy

Pigskin

Sponsor
Jan 14, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I want to see us pound the Isles into oblivion, in a game 1, measured kinda way

Going 1 nill down after game 1 at home would be a disaster and possibly cause all sorts of demons to surface

C'mon boys

Lets go Caps !

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
If we were to win the series, Holtby could be the biggest difference maker for the team. We talk a lot about the physicality of the Caps vs the speed of the Isles, but I think that winning in the Holtby vs Halak matchup is the #1 key to the series.

Yeah pretty much. For all the talk about matchups and lineups it mostly rides on goaltending and it almost always does in the playoffs.

I've seen excellent Caps teams get derailed by goaltending mismatches(86 and 2010) and I've seen average Caps teams get lifted by the same (98)

The 86 and 2010 teams were insanely good. Much better than the 98 team. Goaltending is the biggest difference maker.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Yeah pretty much. For all the talk about matchups and lineups it mostly rides on goaltending and it almost always does in the playoffs.

I've seen excellent Caps teams get derailed by goaltending mismatches(86 and 2010) and I've seen average Caps teams get lifted by the same (98)

The 86 and 2010 teams were insanely good. Much better than the 98 team. Goaltending is the biggest difference maker.

Yeah, and recently, two pretty meh Caps teams were carried to Game 7 of the second round by the goalies (09, 13).

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Yeah, and recently, two pretty meh Caps teams were carried to Game 7 of the second round by the goalies (09, 13).

For most of the Caps history they have been out goaltended in the majority of playoff series.

I thought in 09 Varlamov was good and even with Lundqvist but we just had a MUCH better team than the Rags. Then I believe he outplayed Fleury by a small margin overall until game 7.

In 12 Holtby was better than Thomas. He was not as good as Lundqvist by a small margin both in 12 and 13.

All time beef?

In 87 Bob Mason was on a roll. He had back to back shutouts vs the Isles in NY to give us a 3-1 lead. What does Bryan Murray do for game 5? Put in that playoff choker Peters to stifle any momentum we had.

Peters was better than Hextall in 88 but Hextall was insanely better than him in 89. 89 was one of the worst goaltending performances the Caps have had in the playoffs. We were an infinitely better team than Philly.

The point? Goaltending is huge.

Holtby has elevated his game in the playoffs and needs to do so again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad