Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Islanders Game 6 3PM

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I am literally speechless that the Islanders were able to play that strong while missing 3 of their regular d.

Trotz and company lost the game today.

I hope that for game 7 they throw Glencross in.

Mickstix

Nov 30, 2010
Central Florida
Well...hopefully the team learned some valuable lessons...

980.gif

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Ovechkin has been terrible in these last few playoffs, looks like a real choker these days.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Just finished watching the game.

Goal 2 is when the antics go wrong. Gotta remember hockey is being played.

That being said, I enjoyed seeing Johansson getting in Islanders' faces today. He was involved during the Donovan misconduct, and was burying Hickey's head in the ice during the line brawl at the end. When even MoJo is getting involved in the nasty business, you know that there's bad blood and you know the team is buying in together.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I agree Latta should probably sit. Preferably for Fehr. If it has to be Glencross, then reunite the 22-83-20 line. Beagle has played well the past couple games, and has come about as close as you can to getting a goal without scoring in both games. Leave the top two lines alone.

8-19-42
25-92-90
22-83-20
65-21-43

Avoid playing the 4th line as much as possible. Keep it basically tucked away so that 65 can play PP2, Laich can PK, and 43 can be sent out every now and then to mix up some ****.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
PS: Спонсор клуба - валидол "столичный".

Right :laugh:

Terrible game, shades of Oates. I have little faith in these guys in game 7 and further, if they get past the Isles somehow. Especially with Ovechkin playing like that (even if he's injured) and Backstrom making the dumbest passes of his career.
Btw, loved Tavares laying down like he's very dead after the Ovechkin hit, then jumping up to celebrate a goal.

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
When Mike Green shows for the 10,137th time tomorrow that he's a big game chocker, will we finally get rid of him, at least?

Probably not. Ted thinks his power play game is exciting. Sells a lot of jerseys too.

Butts in seats, folks!

RaindanceMaggie

Sep 3, 2011
Vancouver
Not able to watch game 7 since I'm at work, probably a good thing. I don't expect much but I think regardless of the outcome we should appreciate the turnaround we had this season. Unfortunantly despite that, it's another year of OVs career wasted. If we don't make some serious changes this off season than he 100% will not win a cup here and should be moved.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
This series Ovi seems to have returned to playing Oates hockey. He just hovers and floats.

Exactly...he has been cherry picking and has no idea of the flow of the game. Isles first goal he was floating at Isles blue line and ran over Backstrom preventing both from getting back to D zone to defend...not sure what is up with him but if we lose game 7 I do not want the Caps to post an injury report after the series is over like the Jets did...that is loser stuff.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Exactly...he has been cherry picking and has no idea of the flow of the game. Isles first goal he was floating at Isles blue line and ran over Backstrom preventing both from getting back to D zone to defend...not sure what is up with him but if we lose game 7 I do not want the Caps to post an injury report after the series is over like the Jets did...that is loser stuff.

We have the right to know if he is injured and the extent of his injury, don't we ?

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
Couldn't watch the game. Just as well, I suppose. :(

The Caps can never do anything the easy way, can they?

They should win Game 7, though. They will be able to get the matchups they want against the depleted Isles D.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Ovi clearly has some sort of injury (I'm guessing wrist). Knowing that, even if we win this series we're not going much farther when our best player is not 100%. I think next year the Caps get A LOT better. Kuzy has proved the haters wrong, he's the real deal. Bura looks great, and Galiev looks just as good.

My question to you guys is, who do you think the Caps let walk next year, who do you think they keep, and who do you think they should bring in to fill the void?

aquablue

May 4, 2010
Ovi clearly has some sort of injury (I'm guessing wrist). Knowing that, even if we win this series we're not going much farther when our best player is not 100%. I think next year the Caps get A LOT better. Kuzy has proved the haters wrong, he's the real deal. Bura looks great, and Galiev looks just as good.

My question to you guys is, who do you think the Caps let walk next year, who do you think they keep, and who do you think they should bring in to fill the void?

stop, it's not over yet :rant::handclap: I fully expect this team to get to the finals.

Well, ovie was just awful today, but he'll pick it up. Today the boys looked a little taken aback out there,. They looked unprepared for the passion of the isles. That will change as soon as general trotz get them in line and they get home to the booth.

For next year they need a horse up top on the wing who can score 30 goals. It is quite obvious that we need some fore firepower on the second line. Perhaps a decent 2c and move kuznetsov to wing. We should say bye to laich, Brouwer, Gleason, glens, beagle and green. Maybe mojo too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad