Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Islanders Game 6 3PM

thelebaron

Feb 25, 2013
san franfrisco
Right :laugh:

Terrible game, shades of Oates. I have little faith in these guys in game 7 and further, if they get past the Isles somehow. Especially with Ovechkin playing like that (even if he's injured) and Backstrom making the dumbest passes of his career.
Btw, loved Tavares laying down like he's very dead after the Ovechkin hit, then jumping up to celebrate a goal.

he didnt jump up, im pretty sure that hit rocked him. you could see on the bench he was hunched over in pain, no need to continue the charade when hes there :nod:

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
stop, it's not over yet :rant::handclap: I fully expect this team to get to the finals.

Well, ovie was just awful today, but he'll pick it up. Today the boys looked a little taken aback out there,. They looked unprepared for the passion of the isles. That will change as soon as general trotz get them in line and they get home to the booth.

For next year they need a horse up top on the wing who can score 30 goals. It is quite obvious that we need some fore firepower on the second line. Perhaps a decent 2c and move kuznetsov to wing. We should say bye to laich, Brouwer, Gleason, glens, beagle and green. Maybe mojo too.

Game 7 in 2009, just saying.

coyote

Jul 21, 2002
Visit site
I agree Latta should probably sit. Preferably for Fehr. If it has to be Glencross, then reunite the 22-83-20 line. Beagle has played well the past couple games, and has come about as close as you can to getting a goal without scoring in both games. Leave the top two lines alone.

8-19-42
25-92-90
22-83-20
65-21-43

Avoid playing the 4th line as much as possible. Keep it basically tucked away so that 65 can play PP2, Laich can PK, and 43 can be sent out every now and then to mix up some ****.

The reason we lost was because we did not get the fourth line involved. Got to play four lines if you want to win in this league.

Sep 19, 2008
Seriously though I doubt they give away anything for Game 7. They only gave out the towels for Game 1 and they didn't give away anything for Game 5.

I'm usually all for giveaways but you wouldn't attend Game 7 for a giveaway. You attend because it might be the last game of the season and you're there to cheer the boys on and make sure they advance.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Hawks score 4 goals and eliminate Preds - goal scorers were Sharp, Toews, Kane and Keith. Their top 4 guys. Gonna need that tomorrow.

Ovie looks hurt physically and wound too tight mentally. Need to get him to abetter headspace.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Caps easily could have won. Couldn't bury some grade A chances.

Who's gonna be Fedorov?

Those games just seemed so much more wide open. Our puck movement, our speed, passing, I know it's not sustainable for the playoffs but it was so fun to watch the Caps back then even if the whole thing was either all or nothing in terms of results.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Hawks score 4 goals and eliminate Preds - goal scorers were Sharp, Toews, Kane and Keith. Their top 4 guys. Gonna need that tomorrow.

Ovie looks hurt physically and wound too tight mentally. Need to get him to abetter headspace.

I don't know about that. I think we just need to execute. Bura, Kuzy, MoJo, I wouldn't say they're our "top guys" but if they are able to bury the opportunities they get we will win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad