Speculation: Caps Hockey General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2017-18 Regular Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
:facepalm:

Those better be an experiment because that's terrible. Vrana and Stephenson should not be scratched.

I'd like to see Jerabek get some time with Carlson to see how that works out

Stephenson isn't scratched. They already said those arent exactly correct

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Ovechkin gonna play and show everyone another wound or bruise after poor showing in the playoffs. Trotz doesnt have courage to sit his ass for last two games. Also, I see it this way: they've given the last game to Holtby on purpose. If he gives up less than 2, they go with him as number one. And that's awful.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
Can't wait to see Trotz walk out the door after this season. So much young speed and talent given to him and he does nothing. Talks up how great Gersich is and how he can play in the playoffs then doesn't play him. Vrana can fly past anyone he wants and has a great shot.

Sick of this guy and his veteran first approach especially cause THIS GAME MEANS NOTHING

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Can't wait to see Trotz walk out the door after this season. So much young speed and talent given to him and he does nothing. Talks up how great Gersich is and how he can play in the playoffs then doesn't play him. Vrana can fly past anyone he wants and has a great shot.

Sick of this guy and his veteran first approach especially cause THIS GAME MEANS NOTHING

Then why the freak out?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ovechkin gonna play and show everyone another wound or bruise after poor showing in the playoffs. Trotz doesnt have courage to sit his ass for last two games. Also, I see it this way: they've given the last game to Holtby on purpose. If he gives up less than 2, they go with him as number one. And that's awful.

No way.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
I'm fine with Gruby and Holtz sharing the final 2 matches. Both opponents still have something to play for, so the games will be meaningful for them. Idk if playing against an opponent multiple times is more of a benefit for the keeper or for the other team - better understanding tendencies and weaknesses, usw. Could matter if Caps' R1 opponent is NJD. Does Trotz go with the same guy who faced them Saturday, or switch it up (assuming no shellacking occurred)?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
If you're not picking up the "soft Euro who tries to dance around rather than the adjust to the North American strong mans game" undertones from a lot of the criticism surrounding Vrana then you're not paying attention.

Why this offends you is beyond me, you really don't need to go too far to find the Euro perception as it is applied to Vrana or make the leaps from "if posters are suggesting we need more North American players they're probably holding something against the existing Euros we have. "

It's cool though because I'm actually not at all interested in debating you since you hyperfocus on stuff like this as opposed to the points at hand. So win-win?

You’re reading what you want in people’s posts to attempt to make some absurd point rather than really dissect why the player has been benched. It’s an easy, lazy out for you when you suggest criticism is largely nationality-based. Yes that offends me as it should any intelligent person.

But hey, everyone knows your schtick by now, so mission accomplished sir. Back to your fantasy world where everyone hates Euros and college kids are NHL saviors.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
We'll see. Grubauer is #1 if he carries this team against NSH through all 3 periods. Don see it as a likely scenario. They always have big problems with Preds no matter home or away. Un the other hand, Devils not that tough of opponent. If Holtby somehow drops the ball in that game, they should desperately try to trade him in the summer to a highest bidder.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
We'll see. Grubauer is #1 if he carries this team against NSH through all 3 periods. Don see it as a likely scenario. They always have big problems with Preds no matter home or away. Un the other hand, Devils not that tough of opponent. If Holtby somehow drops the ball in that game, they should desperately try to trade him in the summer to a highest bidder.

I think Holtby needs to play lights out in a playoff game to steal the job back. Who knows though with Trotz?

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Thank you. This 10000000%.

Citizenship ranks behind underwear color for me.
The "I'm color blind to race" counter aside, even if you truly do look at players with no perceived bias the issue is that you are not in a vacuum and your reading of analytics is not the way the rest of the hockey world operates. You can't refuse to engage in a conversation about a very real issue because you yourself don't feel you operate that way. I won't go off topic, but the idea is akin to when people like to believe that if you don't acknowledge race then racism will magically disappear.

Whatever though, I'm getting off topic, if you want to talk the numbers then explain to me just that, how does Vrana's numbers support he is not a decent defensive forward, and furthermore why do a lot posters believe he is not defensively sound despite significant statistical evidence to the contrary?

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018

Attachments

• 851CE495-53B4-4E27-8D52-022CC0FFA484.jpeg
    851CE495-53B4-4E27-8D52-022CC0FFA484.jpeg
    912.6 KB · Views: 4

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
You’re reading what you want in people’s posts to attempt to make some absurd point rather than really dissect why the player has been benched. It’s an easy, lazy out for you when you suggest criticism is largely nationality-based. Yes that offends me as it should any intelligent person.

But hey, everyone knows your schtick by now, so mission accomplished sir. Back to your fantasy world where everyone hates Euros and college kids are NHL saviors.
You've refused to "engage" in debate and provide any reasonable evidence that suggest otherwise. So whereas you perceive me as making lazy claims, at the very least I've made claims and supported them with my evidence whereas you simply go "Nah, that's not true."

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
And we’re back to my original point. You’re like looking at a stat sheet judging a lineup move when you only have part of the information that goes into lineup decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad