GDT: Caps @ Habs - 1/25/14 7 PM

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
so, you are of a mind that the caps are unprofessional and coasting. not giving a crap and just showing up to work to claim their check. because, I don't see a disregard for their job going on here.

As usual you like to spin things up to the extreme to fit your angle.

I certainly don't think we have an entire team of consummate pro's like #21.

Is that what you're suggesting we DO have? Players and coaches have both made statements about effort and lack there of on some nights.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
As usual you like to spin things up to the extreme to fit your angle.

I certainly don't think we have an entire team of consummate pro's like #21.

Is that what you're suggesting we DO have? Players and coaches have both made statements about effort and lack there of on some nights.

Nothing says dedication to your pro contract like destroying your career playing hockey in Switzerland.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
And it may not. And new management may be worse than what they currently have.
Regardless of who is managing or coaching my team I am not pulling for them to lose unless they are out of the playoffs and losing thus equals winning with respect to draft position. Whether I like the coach or GM or not I still want the team to win.

That is like saying you are happy your girl friend is just unattractive and not flat out ugly. Its ok to want more.

Halpysback*

GM - Rick Dudley
Coach - Peter Laviolette

So much for worrying about worse management

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
That is like saying you are happy your girl friend is just unattractive and not flat out ugly.

No it is not. There are plenty of metaphors you could have used that would at least have been somewhat accurate. That is not one of them.

Liberati0n*

PuckBuddy said:
Also, not a grammar facist, but "coming together", not "cuming together". Big difference.
Clearly, you are not a grammar fascist. ;)

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
Also, not a grammar facist, but "coming together", not "cuming together". Big difference.

Might have been on purpose lol...:naughty:

I am glad someone got the joke. I do enough around here to make myself look like an idiot without people missing my jokes. I don't need it to get any worse.

I take nothing to heart in the end we are all wanting the same thing. We just have a lot of different views and levels of patience.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
I never realized there was any harmony on this board (or any other teams').

Harmony wouldn't be restored if they would win a Stanley Cup although that "harmonization" goal would be more in reach I would think..........or maybe not. LOL

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
lol

are any other boards as weird as ours? i think ill check out the oilers board.

I don't know about this website, but I've been on other Caps boards that make this place look like an old lady book club.

Dream Big

Jun 10, 2005
Axis Mundi
No one was happier than George that it was fathers day.

I can only think with the Dads back home, we will be back o status quo sooner than later

Back to the topic :)

Actually I'd think Oates could have been happier. After all Oates hasn't really proven that he can coach has he?

He's been lucky to have Forsythe to prop him up.

GMGM has been GMing for many years and has proven that he can bring a product that fills the stands and get to the post season. Getting the players you want at a price that falls within the cap can't be easy when all the GMs are trying for the same thing.

The players can only do so much on sheer 100% effort. Which gets exhausting regardless whether they're swinging a ball-peen or a sledge hammer.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad