GDT: Caps @ Habs - 1/25/14 7 PM

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Back to the topic :)

Actually I'd think Oates could have been happier. After all Oates hasn't really proven that he can coach has he?

He's been lucky to have Forsythe to prop him up.

Yeah who am I kidding. George has 15 lives and counting. Oates just turned 1 a week ago. Oates may have needed that win more than George but rest assured George was starting to sweat himself.

Oates got a ton of credit for moving Ovi to RW. But then seemed to have gone off the deep end and insist everyone goes sticks on boards.

I am not sure a coach has been that stubborn about it with many guys that played their off side just fine. Ovi, Erat, Brouwer, Orlov, to name a few. I wonder if he hasn't in part lost the room from his blade adherence obsession.

Somewhat ironically, he insisted on using a tiny blade as a player. I wonder how he would have handled it mentally if his coach told him to stop with the nonsense and use a full size blade.

Full size blade lets you actually shoot, block more shots, gives better reach, better defensively in the hook era.... sure he can more adeptly pass, but many a great passer passed using a full blade.

#NeedTinyTwigOCD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad