Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021 Off-Season Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Wouldn't really be comfortable with a Holtby reclamation project without Mitch Korn.

If you got Korn to come back I'd say you absolutely kick the tires, otherwise, nah.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Sheary and Sprong make 1.5M and 725K respectively. They’re too cheap to be cap dumps.

Might be. I dont expect the Caps to dump 4 players and gut their PK either. It just never occurred to me to dump both Dillon and Schultz and Kempny.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
Might be. I dont expect the Caps to dump 4 players and gut their PK either. It just never occurred to me to dump both Dillon and Schultz and Kempny.
We are not going to be able to move all those guys without a slew of picks going out too.

Reactions: tenken00

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018

Aside from Schultz, I don’t think there’s any alternative to clear space without cutting from the PK. What other non-PKers do you see as potential cap dumps?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Wouldn't really be comfortable with a Holtby reclamation project without Mitch Korn.

If you got Korn to come back I'd say you absolutely kick the tires, otherwise, nah.
I’m not comfortable with a Holtby reclamation project period, but Dave Prior is out there and Holtby was solid under Dave Prior until Oates meddled.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Aside from Schultz, I don’t think there’s any alternative to clear space without cutting from the PK. What other non-PKers do you see as potential cap dumps?

Its an issue. Maybe Kuzy is up for blocking a bunch of shots this season? Yea....no chance

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Its an issue. Maybe Kuzy is up for blocking a bunch of shots this season? Yea....no chance

But I dunno who the whacko would be that would ever consider putting Kuzy on the PK. Even enter that person's thoughts for a single second. :laugh:

Kalopsia

Jun 25, 2018
But I dunno who the whacko would be that would ever consider putting Kuzy on the PK. Even enter that person's thoughts for a single second. :laugh:

Use it as a punishment. Kuzy starts sleepwalking through a game, throw him out there on the PK to wake him up. Weaponize his laziness!

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
They’re waiting to gauge UFA center interest before potentially trading him for assets. Could see them look at Danault and if he’s interested then revisit the picks/prospects optionsE

Thought about Danault. But he apparently turned down 6 years at $5 million per. Don’t know that Danault has shown enough scoring consistency to warrant more $ or term than that or to make you comfortable moving Kuzy for picks and prospects

Last edited:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Use it as a punishment. Kuzy starts sleepwalking through a game, throw him out there on the PK to wake him up. Weaponize his laziness!

Kuzy will avoid any threatened PK duty by just taking a cheezy stick penalty and sitting out the pk in the penalty box

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Sportsnet analyst Elliotte Friedman opined that Ovechkin’s next contract would be three or four years long and worth $10 million per season on the 31 Thoughts Podcast.
Friedman and host Jeff Marek “>speak about Ovi at the 50:41 mark.
Jeff Marek: Have you ever thought about what the Ovechkin deal might look like?
Elliotte Friedman: This is a guess. 3×10.
Jeff Marek: Why 3?
Elliotte Friedman: I don’t know.
Jeff Marek: The 10 I can see.
Elliotte Friedman: Maybe 4×10. I think 3 or 4 times 10.
Jeff Marek: Part of me thinks this is going to be the evergreen, just sign one year after one year after one year.
Elliotte Friedman: I don’t think that interested him at all.​

A few hours later, the Fourth Period’s David Pagnotta reported that Ovechkin is expected to sign a four-year deal worth around $10 million annually once the Capitals gain more cap space.

Alex Ovechkin is expected to sign a four-year deal worth around $10 million with Washington once all is said and done. They’re trying to shed salary (Kuznetsov) and will continue their trade talks.

RMNB | Russian Machine Never Breaks

Jun 15, 2007
4x10m is okay I guess.

Trading Kuznetsov to make room for that is brain dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad