Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I don't see the Caps going for someone very high profile. Your team just won a cup, and trading for a Panarin, or Stone could really rock the boat chemistry wise, especially if he displaces someone in the top 6.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Dzingel.

francaisvolantsparis

Nov 21, 2018
Nice
I'd like the Caps PP1 to be like this:

------------Panarin-------------------
----------------------------Kuznetsov
---------------Backstrom-------------
Ovechkin-----------------------------
----------------------Carlson---------

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If you look at the actual amount they have free--and not the projected amount--it's $236k before DSP. The $1.1M figure before DSP is "the total sum of cap hit values" they would be projected to be able to add at the trade deadline (rather than today where it's at $957k).

It's confusing but their inclusion of "total sum of cap hit values" suggests the projected AAV they'd be able to fit, enabling us to ignore pro-rated maths and such.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
so place your imaginary bets now!

Who will it be?

Bonus if you get whole deal right :)
1. Bura and a pick for Mojo
2. Jaskin and Bowey for Clifford
3. Siegs & Little Stevie for Mike Green
4. Holtby and Copley for Varley and Gruby, Avs retain some salary

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
Any chance we can trade Orlov to sweeten a package. I'm dead serious.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Note that I don't think they will make a big splash.

But if they do I think Stone makes the most sense. Oshie and Wilson, while extremely valuable, are also on both special teams units so if their ES minutes have to drop a bit in order to fit Stone I think that would work. Connolly would likely slide over to 3LW where he has been good before, and in this scenario Burakovsky would almost certainly be gone.

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Wilson
Vrana-Backstrom-Stone
Connolly-Eller-Oshie

would be an extremely good top 9 unit.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Evidently you've spent the entire day at your local Starbucks.

eh, mostly just musing. Clifford or Ferland seem plausible, depending on cost. Would like to see Stone as Oshie insurance, but again depends on cost. Also, the jury is out on 77's long-term viability. I think it's only a matter of time before he either can't play at all, or can't play the way he has for us.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Always liked MOJO but his head injury past is a bit worrisome to me. I fear him and Oshie might be heading to early exits in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad