Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 We Are The Champions Edition - Pt. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Don't know Lewis but a proper Beagle replacement makes real sense
I deleted the Lewis part because he's not exactly a faceoff ace and has played a lot of wing lately. So not sure he's an upgrade over Dowd, though the Cup experience would be a plus.

I did think Hagelin was pretty effective in the recent game against the Caps. Simple, not tremendous but effective.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Wouldn't look for any big names. The one big name deal GMBM went after burned him when it was all said and done, his smaller trades have yielded diamonds, I'm betting that's his philosophy now.

Reactions: troyerlaw

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
eh, mostly just musing. Clifford or Ferland seem plausible, depending on cost. Would like to see Stone as Oshie insurance, but again depends on cost. Also, the jury is out on 77's long-term viability. I think it's only a matter of time before he either can't play at all, or can't play the way he has for us.
Canes with in sniffing distance of the playoffs, I don't see them moving Ferland. Feel the same way about Simmonds and Philadelphia.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I don't like any of those targets from the Kings to be honest. Hagelin is fine but I'm not even really sure he's better than Burakovsky at this point.
Clifford is better. Hagelin is a 4LW at this point.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
There is no place for Bura once Caps trade for Nyqvist at least. And he will be gone in separate deal because big rental seller doesnt need Bura probably.

These are 2 deals mininum. And they still can trade for someone else. Robert Jensen Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad