GDT: Caps @ Flyers Mar 31st 6pm

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
I am no fan of 55, but there was plenty of blame to go around in the last 13 minutes of that game.

Of course there is. Horrible, horrible roster management and a disgusting entitlement from the country clubbers who stopped playing with that awesome 2 goal lead. I singled out the a55hole for his brilliance in the final 60 seconds of reg.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I'm really starting to get sick of Brouwer. Missing a lot of gimmies and good for a few stupid decisions per game. I'm still fuming over that unnecessary penalty he took. Completely changed the momentum; Philly was reeling.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
When's the last game they were just flat outplayed? Every game they've lost in the past three weeks has been one they simply let slip away in the mid-late third period.

Without the horrible start (due to a new system) this IS a playoff team.

A complete retool is not needed.

They haven't played a good enough team lately for you to expect them to be flat outplayed. This is what it looks like when one bad team plays another.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Of course there is. Horrible, horrible roster management and a disgusting entitlement from the country clubbers who stopped playing with that awesome 2 goal lead. I singled out the a55hole for his brilliance in the final 60 seconds of reg.

I hear ya. Just should never have come to that.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'm willing to bet its George who keeps pushing 55 on the coaches. There is no way in hell any coach sees anything in 55.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
They haven't played a good enough team lately for you to expect them to be flat outplayed. This is what it looks like when one bad team plays another.

Not true. They hung w/ Pens just fine. Best team in the league. Caps lost by a goal after flubbing a 4-min PP in 3rd.

Roughing

Oct 11, 2010
Frederick, MD
This is funny 'cause he made a strong defensive play just before the goal and also because half the posters here are pissed 55 fanned on the pass that would've sprung Ovie for the ENG. Can't have it both ways.
Always agree with you.... but he gives it both ways. I didn't see any strong play and you certainly should expect anyone on the ice to make an open 8 foot pass. I don't care about OV padding his stats but an ENG ends the game. Pathetic. The whole team fouled up but that dork is the poster child for the failings of this franchise.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
Pittsburg.

Pens controlled the pace of that game basically throughout. Don't think that game was as close as the score suggested (although some of the earlier PIT games were closer than their scores suggested, those were on the goaltending).

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This is funny 'cause he made a strong defensive play just before the goal and also because half the posters here are pissed 55 fanned on the pass that would've sprung Ovie for the ENG. Can't have it both ways.

I'm the one that called out that one miracle play. Doesn't excuse him being out there defending the lead in the most critical game of the year...

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
Sickening. Thank god i turned the tv off after the tying goal and missed the ot. Im just used to this now from this team. No big deal.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Win Tuesday and they're 2 back of Winnipeg. There's a good chance they make the playoffs if they continue picking up points at their current pace since their start (14-9-1). If Schultz plays another game though... I HATE HIM SO ****ING MUCH AS A HOCKEY PLAYER.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Say what you want about the PK and Oates/Shultz, but the Caps should have not been in those situations. They were two atrocious calls because these refs have this subjective evening up ******** mentality.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Always agree with you.... but he gives it both ways. I didn't see any strong play and you certainly should expect anyone on the ice to make an open 8 foot pass. I don't care about OV padding his stats but an ENG ends the game. Pathetic. The whole team fouled up but that dork is the poster child for the failings of this franchise.

Sorry. Wasn't clear. The question here was about 8 and whether he belongs on the ice in the last 30 of reg. Schultz's failed pass was indefensible under those circumstances.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Let's not cry about the reffing....Caps got more than their fair share of PP chances.

If you can't put the right D pair out when the game and the season is on the line, you have bigger concerns than the refs.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Also 8 of the last 13 are at home. Sucks they lost but they got a point whether that's beneficial or not.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Blame me I exit holiday mandates and turn on the radio to hear Timo score. it didnt get much better after that. I think F'tenko is a Caps killer.

looks like sarge dominated even in 17TOI a hit a take a give and 2BS what the hell, he was feeling it tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad