Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Devils - 7ish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Only watched the OT on DVR but good to see strong games from Carly and Holts. They need to be in top from if we gonna make a deep run.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Just watched on DVR...Holtby wasn't tested a lot but he looked himself...skating well and calm at the same time...not swimming and barely moved a muscle on some saves.

Surprised how well Carly looked..glad he got the game winner.

Defensively we were fine against a poor offensive team...I know Jersey tries to shut down transition but we didn't seem to concerned to even try it...seemed Trotz wanted to play Trotz hockey...and our usual suspects "cruising"...a win is a win...oh well, 9 games to go before it counts. Better be buzzing against the Blues because they are seriously fighting not to play the Blackhawks in the 1st round.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Just watched on DVR...Holtby wasn't tested a lot but he looked himself...skating well and calm at the same time...not swimming and barely moved a muscle on some saves.

Surprised how well Carly looked..glad he got the game winner.

Defensively we were fine against a poor offensive team...I know Jersey tries to shut down transition but we didn't seem to concerned to even try it...seemed Trotz wanted to play Trotz hockey...and our usual suspects "cruising"...a win is a win...oh well, 9 games to go before it counts. Better be buzzing against the Blues because they are seriously fighting not to play the Blackhawks in the 1st round.

Yeh, Blues finish with 3rd best record in NHL and the reward is playing 4th best record and defending champs Hawks. The western playoffs will be wild

Did I mention the new playoffs format is terrible?

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
With no one standing out in any of the goaltending categories aside from Holtby in wins, I think the Vezina will be his. I really thought Schneider could win it but he got injured.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
It's very encouraging to see 70 settle down. He now only has one bad start in his last 5 after coming off of a shaky patch.

MW6

Oct 21, 2011
Halland
Carlson, Holtby and Kuznetsov looked great yesterday. Williams did not, one of the worst in a Caps jersey IMO.

Has anyone reflected about when Backstrom does his stickchecks, he flips his stick over and uses the tip of his blade to whack at the puck instead of sweeping the heel of the blade against the ice. Can't recall ever seeing someone else do that?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Carlson, Holtby and Kuznetsov looked great yesterday. Williams did not, one of the worst in a Caps jersey IMO.

Has anyone reflected about when Backstrom does his stickchecks, he flips his stick over and uses the tip of his blade to whack at the puck instead of sweeping the heel of the blade against the ice. Can't recall ever seeing someone else do that?

Interesting, I will have to watch for that. Oates head would explode.

I have seen players turning their blade over to extend their reach, and lock down on top of an opposition stick.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

That's old school technique...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad