Post-Game Talk: Caps def. Canucks - 2-1 (Boeser) | Sad Trombone Sound

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
Edmonton only gains 1 point on us. Now 8 points behind with 3 games in hand.

That last game against them could be huge.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
And he has history with both Lindholm and Pettersson.

Management really had a disappointing deadline. Starting with the acquisition of Lindholm, which also prevented them from being able to upgrade other areas.

I'm willing to give management something of a pass because I don't think anyone could have predicted Lindholm would be this poor a fit. Even without the offense, you'd suspect some good defensive play. And while it's... kinda there? It's not at all what you expected from Lindholm.

It sounds like Boston really wants him. I wish the Bruins all the best if they seriously give him 7-8M with term.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Supposedly, it was 9Mx8.

If Calgary seriously put that on the table and he refused. Damn is he in for a shock in this off season. That, or he reaaaaaaally hated Calgary.

Calgary is great for a middle class family. Can't see it being that much fun for a multimillionaire athlete who can live essentially anywhere in the world they want.

Pettersson is now being paid like McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon and Panarin.

He's also the last of those five I'd want, if I'm being honest.

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
A horrendous second period provided enough for the Caps to put this one away. The Canuck's offense looked lifeless for most of the night.

One of Miller's worst games of the season but he get's a pass seeing as he's carried this team lately.

Lindholm is a complete disappointment. Just nothing convincing about his game and looks to be a complete misjudgment by our pro scouting department. They can not extend this player.

Petey continues to struggle. Just looks slow and lacking confidence to make a play. Coaching staff is rotating through line mates to try to get him going and nothing appears to be working. One of the biggest reasons for their offensive slump at the moment.

Some posters liked Boeser's game. Can't say I really agree with that -- outside of the goal, I didn't like the compete level from him. Disappears for large stretches of the game.

Backend struggled visibly throughout. Cole badly needs a seat in the pressbox, Myers looked slow in his return, and Zad did not handle the puck well. Hronek was very sloppy and I question the salary demands for this player. He is not someone I am comfortable handing that type of contract to with the way he is playing at the moment. Hughes looked off as well but was really the only threat from the defense in this one and was leaned on in the third period.

The rest was nothing to write home about. Simple passes were bobbled all night and the dump and chase was completely foiled by the Caps defense. The coaching staff needs to make adjustments in games like these.

The last two minutes summed it all up. Complete possession and just over passing it along the perimeter without a shot on net until time expired.

The coaching staff has to find a way to light the fire here heading into the playoffs or they're in trouble.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Calgary is great for a middle class family. Can't see it being that much fun for a multimillionaire athlete who can live essentially anywhere in the world they want.

Pettersson is now being paid like McDavid, Matthews, MacKinnon and Panarin.

He's also the last of those five I'd want, if I'm being honest.

Calgary offered him Cross Iron Mills, instead their best offer was Marlborough Mall.

TruKnyte

On the wagon
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Shit needs to be figured before the playoffs.
Imagine going into the post season like this, they’ll be smashed.

That’s my only hope. They need to right the ship and get back to a consistent 60 before the end of the regular season. If not it looks like they’ll be golfing sooner than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad