GDT: Caps @ CHawks 8:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoCaps2004

Jun 26, 2014
We've been playing well in the pre-season so we can be in mid-season form by October 2nd

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Looks like Blackhawks will suck again this season.

I think they'll be better this season. They aren't icing their best team in this game. I mean it's not far off their best team but Perlini and Smith aren't playing and I would have thought De Haan and / or Murphy
would be playing instead of Koekkok. Not sure if Boqvist is ready to play a full season (haven't seen much of him). If Dach is healthy he has a chance to make the roster or at least play a few games at some point
this season.

It seems to me their biggest question mark is around Crawford - his health and his form. Presumably that's why they signed Lehner but apparently he's injured (already)?

Reactions: Hinterland

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I haven't been keeping up with the previous preseason games. Has our PK looked as good in the previous games as it looked in this game?

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Boy I hope we’re not using up our coordinated play in the preseason. We looked like a well oiled machine early last season before the wheels fell apart.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Hey Caps fans & fellow hockey fans, I just noticed the 6-0 beating the Caps gave to the Hawks...Caps had ~ 1/2 their regulars in, while the Hawks had most of their regulars, so what happened? Crawford implosion? Hawks D really does suck? Caps only had 1PP chance. Thanks & good luck this season (except for against the Wings).

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Remember when everyone was complaining about the Fever pick at draft?
People complained about the Clark pick
Hey Caps fans & fellow hockey fans, I just noticed the 6-0 beating the Caps gave to the Hawks...Caps had ~ 1/2 their regulars in, while the Hawks had most of their regulars, so what happened? Crawford implosion? Hawks D really does suck? Caps only had 1PP chance. Thanks & good luck this season (except for against the Wings).
Hawks played at like 70% speed, there were several times Hawks players weren’t expecting to get checked and were surprised, Caps dominated in front of their net.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
People complained about the Clark pick

Hawks played at like 70% speed, there were several times Hawks players weren’t expecting to get checked and were surprised, Caps dominated in front of their net.
Preseason, Regular Season or Playoffs, if you are not ready to play then you are gonna get embarrassed. The Caps skating and good team structure gave the Hawks problems all game long. It's what made the Hawks look like they were only skating at 70%. None of the goals were really Crawford's fault, but I can say Crawford doesn't look like he'll regain his Cup form from years past. Hawks D looks slow, so gonna be up to Lehner(his injury is considered minor) to steal games for the Hawks.

Reactions: Heath
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad