GDT: Caps @ CHawks 8:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Not really.

Fever was certainly not a popular pick at the time.

A quick refresher, bud:

Really like the guys that went before and after us. Our guys, umm, yeah. :)

Another LHD? Ok then.

I don't absolutely love the value there but we'll see how it goes. I did think Fehervary was underrated.

From Brock:

Caps seem to rarely follow the crowd. A little bummed because I was a big fan of Thomas and Marchenko. Button didn't seem very high on those picks given who was still left on the board.

Another D... And one that probably could have been had in the third round. Clark will play but he'll likely be a third liner at best and also is a third round talent. Not so happy about the second round picks with plenty of known talent still on the board

This organization's aversion to drafting centers is staggering. Thomas, BOG, Olafsson would have been nice picks.

Pretty jealous of Detroit's and the Isles' drafts so far. They've done outstanding.

Also, I thought the board migration was supposed to solve these issues?

Yeah I would have jumped at Akil Thomas. Heck I would have taken him at #31.

I don't like these picks but I will concede I literally know nothing about prospects.

Caps rarely go with the top rated players. It is what it is.

We won yesterday!

It's tough to be thrilled with a homer LD no O.... unless they're an Orpik legacy. I would like more upside in the 2nd, or a forward. Too lazy to look but think we've drafted an awful lot of D.

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

A quick refresher, bud:

Sweet nothing from me /ducks.

Re: the game Seigs looked great and was making plays under heavy forecheck like a nhl defenseman makes and not one not ready yet. Looked good with Carlson.

As others already mentioned team speed looks great.

Liking what I'm seeing from Panik so far.

I found myself liking Johan's play and seems farther a long in his dev than last TC. Kinda see a bit of Niskanen stylistically

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Team looked that speedy and aggressive from game 1 this preseason, that was my 1st thought actually. Mind you, 1st preseason game roster was full of prospects and Hershey guys, and still they played this type of game. Plenty of competent aggressive folks in bottom-6 should lessen a load of hardwork for Oshie and Wilson letting them play offense more often. Which is good.

I see Jensen-Gudas as the biggest question mark so far. But there is potential to shine too.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

A quick refresher, bud:
The Clark pick was panned way more I think (certainly by me). I did like him in his draft year, I just didn't love him per se and was more surprised by going defense yet again. In fairness I'd think that much of the initial takes had much more to do with his position than anything against him in particular.

I think we still have no real idea as to his offensive upside. It hasn't asserted itself all that much aside from a couple of end-to-end rushes against weaker competition. Of course, he's the youngest player still with the team by a far margin IINM. I don't expect him to make it initially but he's in the mix to help at some point. He still needs to fill out and could stand to dominate the AHL first to further mature and gain confidence.

Last edited:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Remember when everyone was complaining about the Fever pick at draft?

As someone you "called out" in that thread, I think it was more than fair to question the selection of another LHD given where the organization was at the time both in terms of rostered players and prospects in the pipeline. Let's also wait and see how he does in actual NHL games before retiring his jersey, yeah?

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Hey Caps fans & fellow hockey fans, I just noticed the 6-0 beating the Caps gave to the Hawks...Caps had ~ 1/2 their regulars in, while the Hawks had most of their regulars, so what happened? Crawford implosion? Hawks D really does suck? Caps only had 1PP chance. Thanks & good luck this season (except for against the Wings).

It was utter domination.

Not that it matters in preseason.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Preseason, Regular Season or Playoffs, if you are not ready to play then you are gonna get embarrassed. The Caps skating and good team structure gave the Hawks problems all game long. It's what made the Hawks look like they were only skating at 70%. None of the goals were really Crawford's fault, but I can say Crawford doesn't look like he'll regain his Cup form from years past. Hawks D looks slow, so gonna be up to Lehner(his injury is considered minor) to steal games for the Hawks.

yeah, lots of screens and tipped shots from the Caps.

Wilson's goal was neither but it was a perfectly placed shot off the post and in from somewhat short range. Not a bad goal for Crawford either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad