Post-Game Talk: Caps @ CBJs, Sat 1/2, 7:00 pm EST

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Ugh. Had to miss everything after the second but I still am not worried. First 2-game losing streak of the year is in the gimmick. Not surprised the D looked rough. A couple days off, some practice. Maybe 74 is back. They'll be okay.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Ugh. Had to miss everything after the second but I still am not worried. First 2-game losing streak of the year is in the gimmick. Not surprised the D looked rough. A couple days off, some practice. Maybe 74 is back. They'll be okay.

what annoys me is that this team hasant lost 2 games in a row all year until now. they are so far ahead of their division and conference, they are missing top pairing defenseman and their best pk and faceoff guy and holtby for once in his life had a bad game and people are acting like its the same old same old caps from years ago. sorry that they couldnt win 40 in a row guys. they are off to their best start ever and are 29-7, thats right 29-7. jeez what else do people want this team to do?

foundhockey

Apr 29, 2012
Georgia, USA
what annoys me is that this team hasant lost 2 games in a row all year until now. they are so far ahead of their division and conference, they are missing top pairing defenseman and their best pk and faceoff guy and holtby for once in his life had a bad game and people are acting like its the same old same old caps from years ago. sorry that they couldnt win 40 in a row guys. they are off to their best start ever and are 29-7, thats right 29-7. jeez what else do people want this team to do?

Well said.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY

We just got so used to them winning that we forgot what losing felt like. First 2 losses in a row and we're getting ready to throw dirty diapers and overdue books at them. :shakehead

I'm not worried...yet. If Holtbeast returns for next game, we good.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Orpik has missed 20 plus games and is not skating or even thought to be close to skating. if that qualifies as not serious, not sure what does.

I don't think Trotz actually said two games. I think he said a couple of games as in a non-specific number of games as in he didn't want to talk about it. I would not expect him to play in the next game til they say he is playing.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Orpik has missed 20 plus games and is not skating or even thought to be close to skating. if that qualifies as not serious, not sure what does.

I don't think Trotz actually said two games. I think he said a couple of games as in a non-specific number of games as in he didn't want to talk about it. I would not expect him to play in the next game til they say he is playing.

Trotz actually said Carlson will return after Columbus

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Lost to the worst team in the league :handclap:
I'll watch the game later, but to see how Tom Wilson has more points over the last 5 games than the $10M captain is sad.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Inconsequential. Under 9 minutes and under 8 minutes in an OT game, respectively. I don't see the point of having them up if that's all the ice time they can handle.

That's not good news. Scott Stucio (Bears radio guy) tweeted that Stephenson was scratched for Hershey's game tonight with a minor injury so I'm assuming that's possibly why he didn't get a call

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just read the game recap and took a look at the box score. Mojo was 13% from the FO dot and Burakovsky only had 1 shot with his 2LW promotion

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
On the bright side ...

We won a coach's challenge.

Wilson, Kuz and Mojo all made some beautiful plays.

No one got injured.

In his presser, Trotz acknowledged it wasn't 70's strongest game (but he also said that 70 has won us so many games this year, so there's nothing to complain about).

Trotz said MoJo was excellent at center and MoJo's line was the team's best line.

He praised Ness's performance.

He said Caps had many good chances, but just couldn't bury one for the insurance goal.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Just read the game recap and took a look at the box score. Mojo was 13% from the FO dot and Burakovsky only had 1 shot with his 2LW promotion

Yeah, Trotz did mention that about Mojo. Said Mojo will have to work on face-offs in practice. But otherwise, he said Mojo was excellent.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
On the bright side ...

We won a coach's challenge.

Wilson, Kuz and Mojo all made some beautiful plays.

No one got injured.

In his presser, Trotz acknowledged it wasn't 70's strongest game (but he also said that 70 has won us so many games this year, so there's nothing to complain about).

Trotz said MoJo was excellent at center and MoJo's line was the team's best line.

He praised Ness's performance.

He said Caps had many good chances, but just couldn't bury one for the insurance goal.

and we got a point, thats kinda huge too with isles and rangers losing

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If they're not going to play Ness much, at least mix Chorney with the top four guys at times. He deserves more than 10 minutes based on his recent play and, as seen, Niskanen & Alzner can't really handle extreme top pair minutes.

Galiev should play over Sill as well.

It's probably not a bad thing that off nights from 8/19/70 result in a gimmick loss.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Nice seeing 90 stepping up. I hated his game before, constantly loosing the puck. But now he's a completely different player. If h continues, we gave our #3 С and can address different needs in the deadline.

Yes, we lost. Little bit adversity will be helpful for the team.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
#8 was completely invisible. It's too bad, he could've snatched the win for us.
It's a meaningless game, we're up by 12 pts over the 2nd place in the Metro, all that matters to us is the playoffs.

For those who feel bad about losing to Columbus, remember that Dallas lost 6-3 to them just a few days ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad