Post-Game Talk: Caps @ CBJs, Sat 1/2, 7:00 pm EST

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I love the Jackets' game day posters.

CBJPITposter_zpsfn2wipqg.jpeg

Looks like they don't do one for every game, which is too bad. I'd love to see what they do for the Caps.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Ovechkin - Backstrom - Oshie
Burakovsky - Kuznetzov - Williams
Chimera - Johansson - Wilson
Laich - Sill - Latta

Alzner - Niskanen
Schmidt - Orlov
Chorney - Ness

According to the beat writers these appear to be the lines today. Interested to see the 3rd line. Looks good on paper, we'll see how Johansson does at center.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
Interesting. Wonder how johannson gets the 3c since burakovsky played center earlier

True but why put burakovsky up to 2nd line? I would have kept johannson there

Just pure speculating on my part but Johansson is the better two-way player than Burakovsky and that's what Trotz is looking for with his 3rd line. Also, Burakovsky finally broke out of his slump the other day and could use some confidence playing with Kuzy and Williams.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
There are some weaknesses in that lineup, but I'm excited to see how the 2nd and 3rd lines play with the new configurations. Bura-Kuzy is intriguing moving forward.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
i wanted to post the funny clip from spinal tab "these go to eleven" by now, sadly the caps lost vs canes. :cry:

let just hope for another win streak.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
There are some weaknesses in that lineup, but I'm excited to see how the 2nd and 3rd lines play with the new configurations. Bura-Kuzy is intriguing moving forward.

It is very interesting. If Bura can get some confidence and start playing how he was last season, that could be huge for this team going forward. Putting him with Kuzy and Williams might be the key.

And if Johansson continues to shoot the puck and play with some physicality like he has been the last couple of weeks, I actually think he could be a good fit with Chimera and Wilson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad