GDT: Caps @ Cats - 12/13/13 7:30 PM - Clemmensen starting?

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
burakovsky-mcdavid.jpg

:caps
17-12-2
Left wing | Center | Right wing
Johansson | Backstrom | Ovechkin
Fehr | Grabovski | Brouwer
Chimera | Erat | Ward
Volpatti | Beagle | Wilsona

LD | RD
Schmidt | Green
Alzner | Carlson
Orlov | Oleksy

Starting | Backup
Holtby | Grubbauer

:panthers
10-17-5
Left wing | Center | Right wing
Huberdeau | Barkov | Bjugstad

LD | RD
Kulikov | Gudbranson

Starting | Backup
Scott Clemmensen | Jacob Markstrom

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Hopefully, the Caps take the Panthers seriously and put this game away. This is a string of games that shouldn't be an issue, at least in theory.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think Grubauer should start. Holtby needs to have a fire lit under his ass so he wakes up and takes it a little more seriously. That one goal where he was too casual with the glove (2 games ago?) shows me he's too much into looking cool and playing head games with the other team.

If you're on a hot streak and you're just in the zone and everything's flowing easily, that's one thing. If you're coming off a bad spell and trying to get some swagger back by forcing the resulting "casualness" instead of letting it happen as a result of heightened competency, then you're going to get burned.

Vladiator16*

One of the best games in Caps history.

What a fun team to watch that was...

Anyways, have to work tonight, will DVR it and watch it after 2 AM or in the morning... Hopefully OV does something crazy encore, and we get 2 pts.

Go CAPS!

Edit: Does anybody know if Kozlov still playing?

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think Grubauer should start. Holtby needs to have a fire lit under his ass so he wakes up and takes it a little more seriously. That one goal where he was too casual with the glove (2 games ago?) shows me he's too much into looking cool and playing head games with the other team.

If you're on a hot streak and you're just in the zone and everything's flowing easily, that's one thing. If you're coming off a bad spell and trying to get some swagger back by forcing the resulting "casualness" instead of letting it happen as a result of heightened competency, then you're going to get burned.

Excellent point and I agree. I like both goalies and having some competition is a good way to keep them humble and focused. A ticked off Holtby could be a good thing. I seem to remember a goalie who let emotions get to him :).

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
What a fun team to watch that was...

Anyways, have to work tonight, will DVR it and watch it after 2 AM or in the morning... Hopefully OV does something crazy encore, and we get 2 pts.

Go CAPS!

Edit: Does anybody know if Kozlov still playing?

A magical run. That Lupul goal really hurt.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

One of the best games in Caps history.

Man those were the days. From basically Thanksgiving 2007 until roughly the end of game 5 in 2010 were just incredible times to be a Caps' fan.

It is difficult to look back on those days and not be ticked off at what has become of this organization.

ryan519*

if ovi got a hatty tonight he'd get 50 in 50, holy flying ****

probably a good thing thomas is not in net

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Man those were the days. From basically Thanksgiving 2007 until roughly the end of game 5 in 2010 were just incredible times to be a Caps' fan.

It is difficult to look back on those days and not be ticked off at what has become of this organization.

And then purgatory for 3 years... hard to believe..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad