Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Canucks 10 PM ET - How Was the West Won?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Ugh. The Caps are a fragile team w.r.t. to injuries. In other words they have virtually no depth.

The latter isn't surprising, however I didn't think it would be this bad. Still a relatively small sample size.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Ugh. The Caps are a fragile team w.r.t. to injuries. In other words they have virtually no depth.

The latter isn't surprising, however I didn't think it would be this bad. Still a relatively small sample size.
Those years of trading draft picks and prospects for being all in the last 2 years..they need a rebuild. Now, someone convince Ted of this.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They're legit bad IMO in terms of the quality and wide variance of their decision-making and general giveaf***. Not downright awful but it's hard to see their determination leading them far at all if the state of their game early is any sort of indicator.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I thought bringing Barry back was their biggest mistake. It was time to move on. A fresh voice was needed, a new energy.

They are not fast, cant score goals, can't defend and don't even hit.

Reactions: Capitals40

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
I have been saying this for years but our prospect pool is severely overrated by people on these boards. I have not been impressed over the last couple of years with Bura, Vrana, and now Bowey and Stephenson. Djoos looks OK. Our best homegrown player, Schmidt, wasn't protected. We are in serious trouble long term.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
At least they have their first this year... For now.
GMBM needs to be fired on the spot if he trades a first. This team will be in the lottery (assuming they keep Trotz around).

I think it is worth revisiting the trade OV idea. Good organizations know their limits cut their losses and rebuild

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I think if we go 0-3 on this road trip we need to fire trotz when they come back home. Just get it over with. He's head a word class team for a couple seasons and couldn't get it done.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Take a step back people. The Caps are playing without their best forward, their best defenseman and a top 6 forwards. Most NHL teams would have trouble in this situation. This is game 10 of 82.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Take a step back people. The Caps are playing without their best forward, their best defenseman and a top 6 forwards. Most NHL teams would have trouble in this situation. This is game 10 of 82.
Most teams have injuries like this during the season..last 2 seasons we have been fortunate with limited injuries plus we had depth..

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
Those years of trading draft picks and prospects for being all in the last 2 years..they need a rebuild. Now, someone convince Ted of this.
No doubt.
Agree w/others that they should have tried to keep Schmidt.

How many teams go on a full rebuild after b2b best reg season records? Regardless of the merits I just don't see it.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I have been saying this for years but our prospect pool is severely overrated by people on these boards. I have not been impressed over the last couple of years with Bura, Vrana, and now Bowey and Stephenson. Djoos looks OK. Our best homegrown player, Schmidt, wasn't protected. We are in serious trouble long term.
Add Wilson to the list of high draft picks who aren't very good. That said, it's possible that player development has been subpar.

I'm trying to think off the top of my head if there's any forward on the roster in recent years who was developed in Hershey and was a mainstay in the top 6. Wilson, Burakovski, and Vrana are very mediocre.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Add Wilson to the list of high draft picks who aren't very good. That said, it's possible that player development has been subpar.

I'm trying to think off the top of my head if there's any forward on the roster in recent years who was developed in Hershey and was a mainstay in the top 6. Wilson, Burakovski, and Vrana are very mediocre.

Maybe they’re just not that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad