GDT: Caps @ Bruins 3.16.2013 1 PM

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Total and utter disaster this team is. I thought they played well in that 1st period despite it being 2-0...then they just mailed it in. Sick.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
He's at worst a #2 d-man? Do you realize hes not even a number 2 D-man on one of the worst defensive teams in the league? There is a reason Oleksy, Carlson, Erskine (when healthy), Green (when healthy), have more ice time then him while in the lineup. And this is a terrible defensive team dude. Try putting Alzner on a real defensive team and he would struggle to get a jersey.

You are right that he is young, so to say he wont become a good defenseman is hard to say, but as of right now, hes only better then Schultz because he doesnt **** up nearly as often lol
Either Karl Alzner did something very bad to you, or you're clueless...

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
He's at worst a #2 d-man? Do you realize hes not even a number 2 D-man on one of the worst defensive teams in the league? There is a reason Oleksy, Carlson, Erskine (when healthy), Green (when healthy), have more ice time then him while in the lineup. And this is a terrible defensive team dude. Try putting Alzner on a real defensive team and he would struggle to get a jersey.

You are right that he is young, so to say he wont become a good defenseman is hard to say, but as of right now, hes only better then Schultz because he doesnt **** up nearly as often lol

Alzner wouldn't struggle to get a jersey on any team in the league. He's already a good defenseman.

You're clueless on this one.

ForzaItalia

Mar 23, 2008
Toronto, ON
At this point it's not even about hating on GMGM. It's about realizing and accepting that he's had his chance and he hasn't delivered.

It's time for someone else to give it a try.

Liberati0n*

How do you explain the actual facts that brs provided, then?

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
The Caps page on Facebook can be almost as doom and gloom as this board, and is often good for a laugh. However, I almost threw up when I saw this one.

attachment.php

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
2nd best PP in the league and we are worried about putting a 3rd pairing defense man on the PP?

:laugh:

2nd best PP?

How about fighting for last place in the league at the end of a blowout... you really have a problem with me wanting to see him on the back half of a PP?

Does he look to be a problem offensively to you?

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
Well at least Mojo laid out big Z at the end of the first, that and Hendy tried to fight the entire Bruins organization

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Hendy for Captain

I am still irked Ribs gets jumped and Pinocchio doesn't have to answer for it

Ribs may well want out after that.

Meanwhile Hendy has to take on the whole team and fans by himself while the others hang their heads in shame, and fear.

Of course they set the tone early and ran Crabb with the puck out of play. Watch Sarge on the end board camera replay. Ummmm let me see if anyone texted me. The rest of the team wasn't far behind.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I have to say it was nice that Hendy got a little revenge for Ribs getting bum rushed. I assume that is why he went after Horton, but that is speculation.

it would have been nice to have a heavy at the end pin Pinbeak up against the boards and someone else also come over and work him over.

Pathetic to see Hendy taking on 2 guys himself at the end. Embarrassing. I know no one wanted a piece of Thornton but c'mon at least go over there and all bear hug the buffoon. He is NOT going to sucker punch the wusses that show up.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hendricks walks too, although its likely George attempts to extend him this week.

Last edited:

MoJoSauce

Apr 3, 2011
NNK
I have to say it was nice that Hendy got a little revenge for Ribs getting bum rushed. I assume that is why he went after Horton, but that is speculation.

While it would have been nice to have a heavy at the end pin Pinbeak up against the boards and someone else also come over and work him over.

Pathetic to see Hendy taking on 2 guys himself at the end. Embarrassing. I know no one wanted a piece of Thornton but c'mon at least go over there and all bear hug the buffoon.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hendricks walks too, although its likely George attempts to extend him this week.

I don't think Hendricks would walk, he seems to be one of the only guys who cares out there. Although if he were to walk I would expect to see him playing for BB in Anaheim next season

CrashTheNet9

Jul 11, 2011
Do you guys think Hendricks might be out for a few weeks with that hand injury? Where were Olesky or Volpatti when Hendricks was the only one not being gutless?

sunnydaycrash

Feb 24, 2004
Vancouver
Do you guys think Hendricks might be out for a few weeks with that hand injury? Where were Olesky or Volpatti when Hendricks was the only one not being gutless?

Good question, all I heard from Nucks fans was Volpatti would go with anyone....all I saw was him skating away from Thorton all game

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
There is nothing more dangerous to a middle weight than a heavy.

We were outgunned from the start and Volpatti and Oleksy well knew it if I knew it. Everyone knew it.

Ole was on the ice for that final fight. And it may well have been his final fight and career had to tried to take out Thornton. Ole is not big. He may be able to attain the rank of an NHL middle one day, but its nothing short of foolish for him to start with Thornton.

I see some promise in the kid and I do not want him fighting heavies until he can handle himself with the middles. Its just too dangerous. He is a total noob just finding his place.

And Volpatti of course is no idiot himself. Sure he may dance with a heavy but expect that to be a rare occassion. Had thornton run our goalie, I bet he would gone after him. He had no beef with him, he played a clean game.

And he knew if he started something with Pinocchio, there would be a bulls eye on him.

Ah, to have someone getting your back. You can go after teams top scorer without fear of retribution.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad