Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Broons - Apr 18 Noon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I mean... I literally posted about it 3 times. He's not playing bad, he's been hung out to dry and it's not a blow out. Do you think there's like a set number of goals that trigger a goalie switch?
Yes, but that might just be me. Sometimes the goalie change gets the rest of the team playing harder.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I mean... I literally posted about it 3 times. He's not playing bad, he's been hung out to dry and it's not a blow out. Do you think there's like a set number of goals that trigger a goalie switch?

Reminded me of pickup hockey years ago where the totally clueless hockey folks playing defense out of necessity left the goalie out to dry. Hard to stop people in your face on 2 0n 1s or worse 3 0n 1s.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Talking about Rask...that guy killed at least two great chances to win the Cup for Boston almost by himself. Thanks but no, Caps don't need somebody who can't stop a beachball in the finals.

Hard disagree on that one.

In 2012 he lead the playoffs in save percentage and had a 1.88 GAA. They just ran into a buzzsaw of CHI. In 2019 he had a .934 save percentage and 2.02 GAA. Rask is the whipping boy for the Boston media, but he's actually very solid in the playoffs.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Reminded me of pickup hockey years ago where the totally clueless hockey folks playing defense out of necessity left the goalie out to dry. Hard to stop people in your face on 2 0n 1s or worse 3 0n 1s.
I think anyone who has played goalie in any sport understands that feeling. Defense totally no where to be found, multiple options on a breakaway, you come out to close the angles and take away a shot and they pass and score. Then some dipshit on your team makes a comment about "can't let those go in".

"Bro how about you work on not letting breakaways happen first, then talk to me."

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
This game is a prime example of when the D is not on point at all and the goalie has no clue what to do. Almost like a pilot on a commercial jet who only knows how to fly using an autopilot. Once there's an emergency requiring a manual control he has no mental fortitude to pull the aircraft out of a dive.

Reactions: kmart

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I think anyone who has played goalie in any sport understands that feeling. Defense totally no where to be found, multiple options on a breakaway, you come out to close the angles and take away a shot and they pass and score. Then some dipshit on your team makes a comment about "can't let those go in".

"Bro how about you work on not letting breakaways happen first, then talk to me."

Yep, I felt bad for our goalie and switched to defense not that I was that good, but better than the noobs.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Hard disagree on that one.

In 2012 he lead the playoffs in save percentage and had a 1.88 GAA. They just ran into a buzzsaw of CHI. In 2019 he had a .934 save percentage and 2.02 GAA. Rask is the whipping boy for the Boston media, but he's actually very solid in the playoffs.
GAA don't mean shit when the guy can't make a timely save to save his life. I'd watched that run from start to finish. He buried them in the game 6 of the finals with two stupid goals in the clutch when they were in the lead.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Carlson sloppy, Kuznetsov slow getting back.

Rinse. Repeat.

I'm going to need to see more star management from Lavi or this is going to be another 1 and done.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Not sure which Referee it was Hebert or Hanson, but Hathaway chirped at him after getting hit up high and the Referee not calling anything. Obviously Hathaway must have hurt the Referee's feeling because shortly thereafter Hathaway gets called for a static cling penalty. Then the same referee totally ignores the blatant interference on Wilson. That's a Tim Peel worthy performance by that referee. That referee is totally responsible for changing the complexion of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad