Caps bring up Ouellet

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Woohoo!!! It's about time we get to see him in a Caps sweater. Kolzig has started 8 straight games. Those 8 games have come over a 16 day period...and he's been awful. Maybe Ouellet could get the start Wednesday against Florida, they're not the best team in the league, and it wouldn't be throwing him to the wolves (despite our defense). It's about time. :yo:

Ouellet's AHL totals:

No. GPI MIN AVG W L T SO SPCT
29 Ouellet, Maxime 21 1178:05 2.39 6 14 1 3 0.918

Edit: Link http://www.washingtoncaps.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=219098

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
Thank you! Now let's just hope he gets some playing time. I hope the move wasn't just made to get Stana some playing time in Portland. The way things have been going, it'll be better to see a rookie learning and getting some experience than a veteran on the downslide of his career.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Piggy2 said:
Thank you! Now let's just hope he gets some playing time. I hope the move wasn't just made to get Stana some playing time in Portland. The way things have been going, it'll be better to see a rookie learning and getting some experience than a veteran on the downslide of his career.

Trust me he was caled up to play because the reason Stana was brought up instead of him was due to the fact Stana would make less $$$ riding the bench..so why would Ted allow a call up unless it was for actual game time. I expect 100% to see him start our next game :) :yo:

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
I_r_1337 said:
Trust me he was caled up to play because the reason Stana was brought up instead of him was due to the fact Stana would make less $$$ riding the bench..so why would Ted allow a call up unless it was for actual game time. I expect 100% to see him start our next game :) :yo:

It's about time! I love Kolzig and I know our d-corps is pathetic, but he's been awful lately. I know he likes to play alot but at this point he just doesn't deserve it. The Caps have actually played a helluva lot better than their record indicates but have had so many soft goals let in that they're in the shape they're in....not that they'd be competing with Philly or anything, but not letting in 4-5 goals a game. I am kinda confused though because today 'ol Teddy was in the paper saying they're looking for a d-man....what is it, trade salaries and rebuild this mess (which I think they really need to do) or actually try to go for a playoff spot?

Stana does need to get a couple games in so maybe it is why they sent him down.....though with the way Kolzig's going why not just give 'em the playing time with the Caps?.......looks like you're right (yah).

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
CapsFan@Vassar said:
Ouellet's gonna get the start in Atlanta tomorrow. I guess he's gonna be thrown to the wolves after all.

www.washingtoncaps.com

Don't miss it guys, good luck Max-O :handclap:

The D problems run deeper than the pro team.. you think he isn't left out to dry in Portland too? Well anyways this will be a big game for him.. if he plays great and wins he might start the next game too and even if he loses but still plays great I still think he'll play back to back games since the end is Flordia... Here's your chance Max. :yo:

Hammerwise

Jun 13, 2002
Visit site
Max is awesome....behind that defense he'll give up almost 3 a game but he'll show that he has the skills. He is a more consistent and has a higher upside than say, Martin Biron when he first came up.

Biron is a good goalie and will be top 12 in the league if he can escape Buffalo, (they aren't the same Buff as Hasek had, thats for sure). BUT Max will be a league top 5 or top 7 goalie

Wild Bill

Jul 6, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
*Bobby Clarke walks in from the bathroom and looks at the crawler on his TV*

"5-0! Oh, there's still time...3:52...c'mon! Where's Kovalchuk? Where's Kozlov? Where's Heatly...oh wait...Where's what's his name...ugh!", Clarke says to himself.
" Maybe if I send them a couple firsts...no wait...maybe Pitkanen...no not enough, wait...ugh!", he says "I wonder what George thinks of Marcus Ragnarrsson?"

Could've had your cake and ate it too Bobby. Adam Oates?

Dizzy

May 24, 2003
Windsor, ON
Visit site
I_r_1337 said:
YES! SHUTOUT!

I called it bwahahahahaha

38 saves!

I'm guessing he'll start tomorrow as well.

Hanlon says he doesn't like playing goalies back-to-back nights so I think Olie will start. But if he doesn't have a good game I wouldn't be surprised to see Max play against Toronto, in fact I hope he does so I can finally see him play.

I_r_1337

Jun 10, 2003
Washington D.C.
Visit site
Piggy2 said:
Hanlon says he doesn't like playing goalies back-to-back nights so I think Olie will start. But if he doesn't have a good game I wouldn't be surprised to see Max play against Toronto, in fact I hope he does so I can finally see him play.

Hehe he did start and he looked good again, not as good as his first game but both goals scored on him were delefected off of something. Nice to see a goalie get them but they can't be blammed for them either. Max picked up a 2-2 tie and collected his 3rd point. A little blurb from the paper quoting Hanlon says he doesn't know which one he's starting next game. Max is taking over :D

Gumby

Nov 14, 2003
By the beach!! FL
Visit site
bloodyrags said:
*Bobby Clarke walks in from the bathroom and looks at the crawler on his TV*

"5-0! Oh, there's still time...3:52...c'mon! Where's Kovalchuk? Where's Kozlov? Where's Heatly...oh wait...Where's what's his name...ugh!", Clarke says to himself.
" Maybe if I send them a couple firsts...no wait...maybe Pitkanen...no not enough, wait...ugh!", he says "I wonder what George thinks of Marcus Ragnarrsson?"

Could've had your cake and ate it too Bobby. Adam Oates?

This an absolute masterpiece :lol:

I still can't beleive just how friggin stupid Clarke wss.....all for a 40 year old who was obviously slippin to play what, 20 games for you?....what an idiot! I really can't think of a worse deal for prospects (at the time Oullett was a bigger prospect than he is now).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad