GDT: Caps-Bolts: 12am GMT Start - Twabby goes to first game

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I didn't see the whole game due to various emergencies but what I saw was pretty terrible. I don't know if TB was extra motivated after the last game and just too charged up at home while we were satisfied with the split, or what.

Same as last offseason, it would not hurt my feelings to trade just about anyone other than a handful of guys. But as we've discussed that's probably not happening unless we become sellers before the TDL and we start dumping UFA contracts as rentals. The return could be pretty high then. Not happening now when the standings aren't clear and everyone still has enough internal resources.

So for everyone talking about asset management, you're selling low if you wheel and deal now. You have to BE PATIENT (kryptonite for this group, I know)./

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I didn't see the whole game due to various emergencies but what I saw was pretty terrible.

Just as an aside, the NFL game recaps this year have been pretty stellar. They pack each game into 15-20 minutes. So you miss "the battle," but see every play and near-miss that mattered. I had a family thing yesterday, saw everyone raving about the Bills game, and their recap was definitely enough to capture what was so great about it. Not as thrilling as investing the 3+ hours, but now you can kinda see every Sunday afternoon game in roughly that much time.

Highly recommend for missed games...

Reactions: g00n

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
I didn't see the whole game due to various emergencies but what I saw was pretty terrible. I don't know if TB was extra motivated after the last game and just too charged up at home while we were satisfied with the split, or what.

Same as last offseason, it would not hurt my feelings to trade just about anyone other than a handful of guys. But as we've discussed that's probably not happening unless we become sellers before the TDL and we start dumping UFA contracts as rentals. The return could be pretty high then. Not happening now when the standings aren't clear and everyone still has enough internal resources.

So for everyone talking about asset management, you're selling low if you wheel and deal now. You have to BE PATIENT (kryptonite for this group, I know)./
If out of playoff hunt, then yes. Sell like crazy. But if we are even close we won’t do that. Unless OV says to do it.

Could be a lot of turnover on roster next year. I can’t root to lose… just not wired that way. But I just don’t want to be stuck in middle.

Reactions: Rayquaza64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad