Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Bluezzz - 8:00EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Haven’t been the same since collapse against FLA.
Put up zero fight in 3rd period tonight, and do we have any doubt whatsoever that if tables were turned and Caps had entered 3rd up 4-1, we would’ve been hanging on for dear life trying to defend it?
Team didn’t show a lot of pride tonight.
At least Fucale battled.

Correct, I had said Kings, but forgot about that Florida game. They shouldn't have lost either of those.

Reactions: Calicaps

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
My eyes say they're more passive and one-trick than ever. Maybe that's just because they don't know what else to do, but Forsythe or whomever had them clicking at like 27% a few years ago. So I'm not sure what's happened.

That’s the main issue, I agree. Good teams increase their leads using the PP, or they come back in games with the PP.

Tonight I knew we had no chance of coming back, even though the refs gave us 3 opportunities on the PP.

Ovie's Neighbor

Jan 23, 2007
Also let’s not get too down. This team always plays poorly after long layoffs and we are also missing our entire second line.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Lucky you. Didn't subject yourself to the entirety of this performance.

More like "performance."
abell46s-reface.gif

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Shocking when 4 of your top 7 offensive forwards are out - and you think it’s smart to start Hathaway on line 4 - and mix up lines like crazy with guys in uncomfortable roles we got blown out.

Lavi is doing same thing that didn’t work last year. Playing people in wrong roles... not looking like he can develop any young guys as a coach... and when things aren’t great ge goes crazy with lines instead of trying to be more normal.

wonder if this is why the pp is so atrocious too.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I think the team collectively pooped the bed in this game. Probably one of those ones you just throw away and move on from.

Disappointing it was on the first of a back to back though. Not sure I like our chances against Minny. They've struggled a bit their last few games but they're more than capable of beating our team, especially on a back to back and with a depleted roster.

I hope Fucale gets the start.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just a heads up for those clamoring for Fucale. He hasn’t seen a ton of game action and has been very rusty his past few AHL starts. He was bounced back and forth between the AHL and the Caps, the Bears had multiple COVID postponements and Fucale then got COVID himself. Hopefully he’s back on track now, but he was a bit off his past few starts in Hershey

Reactions: Hivemind

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Bad game, move along. Far less pissed about these games than losing after having a 2 or even 3 goal lead. Hopefully see a different team tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad