Post-Game Talk: Caps at NYR 12/23/14 (Nash hat trick now official!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Yes stralman is a good player but like I said not a guy to lose sleep over and management chose to go boyle for his offense.

It was the right move

You want to complain? Complain about glass over Dorsett and letting Brian Boyle go. Those are 2 guys we miss big time IMO

I think Brian Boyle didn't want to come back to the Rangers for whatever reason.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yes stralman is a good player but like I said not a guy to lose sleep over and management chose to go boyle for his offense.

It was the right move

You want to complain? Complain about glass over Dorsett and letting Brian Boyle go. Those are 2 guys we miss big time IMO

I think Dorsett would've been a scratch here with the way Fast has been playing. Boyle is the one to not lose sleep over because we have an upgrade in Hayes.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I think Dorsett would've been a scratch here with the way Fast has been playing. Boyle is the one to not lose sleep over because we have an upgrade in Hayes.

Well if you are referring to the torts era, then sure... Boyle was a 4th line player here, not a 3rd line player. Hayes basement is above what Boyle ever could have been, even on a middling team...

Fast is providing some of what Boyle did. Sufficient offensive zone play, competent neutral zone play, very reliable defensive zone play, penalty killing, etc... The only thing we miss in that department is Boyle's faceoff abilities. I guess outside of that, I don't miss Boyle as much as I thought I would only because of what Fast is growing into unexpectedly.

Due to Fast playing so well, Dorsett is slowly turning out to be the most-missed player in the bottom 6. I am very confident he would absolutely not have been a scratch if he was playing with any semblance to his current tenure in Vancouver, and there is ZERO doubt in my mind that he would most assuredly be getting regular, non-rotated playing time over Glass on a consistent basis...

Here are the stat lines for each player for 14-15:
Glass: 27GP 0G 1A 1P 0GC +/- -10
Dorsett: 31GP 4G 7A 11P 4GC +/- -2

I hate Glass too, but I would definitely try not to under estimate how effective of a 4th liner Dorsett was...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad