GDT: Caps and Oilers

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Can we talk about chuck? He was amazing and we don’t win without his saves. Rest of the league missed out on him and GMBM savily got him for 3 years at 1.3M. Well done! I love our goaltending!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Who on earth compares Matthews to McDavid?? Surely only Leafs fans.

The closest players to McDavid in skill are probably Draisatl and MacKinnon, imho

It came up a lot last year when Matthews won the Hart/Rocket/Lindsay. It was an amazing season for sure, but not enough to elevate him to McDavid's tier. I would say Draisaitl is as close as Matthews, MacKinnon is behind all 3 IMO.

Reactions: PlushMinus

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
It came up a lot last year when Matthews won the Hart/Rocket/Lindsay. It was an amazing season for sure, but not enough to elevate him to McDavid's tier. I would say Draisaitl is as close as Matthews, MacKinnon is behind all 3 IMO.
IMHO Matthews is still probably the better 2-way player, and definitely has a better shot.

But 97 is in another league in terms of speed and hands obviously. MacK compares better (than Matthews) to McDavid in those areas.

I watch a lot of EDM games here on the west coast, and McD is unlike anything we’ve seen.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Those are three great players. The new school. Fast, slippery, and great shot.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
IMHO Matthews is still probably the better 2-way player, and definitely has a better shot.

But 97 is in another league in terms of speed and hands obviously. MacK compares better (than Matthews) to McDavid in those areas.

I watch a lot of EDM games here on the west coast, and McD is unlike anything we’ve seen.
Matthews definitely the better shooter. Has 15 more goals than McDavid in 80 fewer games. My guess is that Matthews wins the Rocket yet again this year

Reactions: RedRocking

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
crazy shit happens when the top six plays/produces like expected huh
obviously i dont expect our top six/PP to be our only production that is not a recipe for success but its a start

Last edited:
Reactions: Hivemind

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It's amazing how much faster this team looks when they actually attack thru the neutral zone with speed and then skate through the opposing defenders rather than just dumping the puck into the corners. That's how a team with more size plays a fast game. Granted, part of that is on Edmonton for constantly trying their stretch pass in the neutral zone which gave the Caps a chance to attack, and also part of Edmonton's defenders for not being able to stand up to the Capitals top six. But I would love to see this team do that on at least a semi-regular basis. Even injured, there's enough talent in the line-up for guys like Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Strome, and Mantha to inflict their will on the opponents.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Can we talk about chuck? He was amazing and we don’t win without his saves. Rest of the league missed out on him and GMBM savily got him for 3 years at 1.3M. Well done! I love our goaltending!
The goaltending is massively improved from last year.

I just wish they'd upgraded in that area sooner.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Just downloaded and looked at the stats. What a game!

Probably already posted but nice to see the top 6 centers at the top of the chart.

Reactions: PlushMinus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad