GDT: Caps and Bruins 3:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1707607034048.gif

My game puck goes to Alex Ovechkin for a 1+1 effort combined with an effective 73% xG share.

Honorable mentions go to TJ Oshie, Charlie Lindgren, Rasmus Sandin, Anthony Mantha, and Dylan Strome.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Nice win there. Would like to see them build off it. They played well and I also feel like Boston was caught in an afternoon trap game.

Anyone else feel like CMC should have 30 more goals in his career? He just seems to get great chances and can’t finish

Reactions: ClevelandCapsfan

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
pretty good gm v FLA
and dominating BOS today (despite taking forever to get to 2-0)
OV slowly putting together a run, Stromer at 20g
Chucky SO!
Take the +'s when you can

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Buddy is a die-hard Bruins fan. He got so mad during the game that he rage quit watching and didn't know what I meant when I sent him a text that had, "Ovi EN goal... chef's kiss. Bruins STINK." This evening was great -- a Caps win combined with some booze and a bit of the devil's lettuce... tonight is going to be a good night. Cheers.

Red tank, standing down for the evening.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Nice win there. Would like to see them build off it. They played well and I also feel like Boston was caught in an afternoon trap game.

Anyone else feel like CMC should have 30 more goals in his career? He just seems to get great chances and can’t finish

McMichael reminds me of Mojo a lot. Good skater who sees the ice well but a crappy shot.

On the other hand, a 3-0 shutout win with an Ovi goal against the Bruins should count as triple.

Reactions: Block

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Man, some of the Canadians in the Ovi thread on the main board are looking for ANYTHING to hate on... Just icing on the cake tonight.

What, over the ENG? He just passed Gretzky for those. That should tell them something about the overall goals record. If Ovie is so close to the main record and just passed Wayne, then 99 had a shitload of ENG's, too.

what can they possibly bitch about?

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Not in me to root for them to tank. Feels good when they win, especially playing a game like that. Even discounting for the Bruins commitment to lifelessness today, that was an impressive win. They could have easily gotten frustrated at the fact that they were dominating and getting no reward - in fact they did that 2 days ago. But not today, and Ovie on a mild heater always gooses this team.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
We need to pitch in and buy Ovy a camel.

I got 5 schmeckels on it.

What, over the ENG? He just passed Gretzky for those. That should tell them something about the overall goals record. If Ovie is so close to the main record and just passed Wayne, then 99 had a shitload of ENG's, too.

There is apparently a bottomless pit of lies in Canada where Ovechkin is concerned.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020

Seems to be ANYTHING 'ticky-tack' that shows how Ovi is benefiting from X or Y, while Wayne had to skate uphill both ways on roller skates after running a marathon before every game. Obviously hyperbole but it's kinda head shaking!

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Seems to be ANYTHING 'ticky-tack' that shows how Ovi is benefiting from X or Y, while Wayne had to skate uphill both ways on roller skates after running a marathon before every game. Obviously hyperbole but it's kinda head shaking!
Nevermind Wayne scored his goals in an era when goalies were half-drunk and wore beaver tails for shin pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad