Post-Game Talk: Caps - 3, Pens - 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Last year, when the Pens couldn't buy a PP, it was, "you never have the puck and you're not working hard enough!"

Now the Pens are fast, hard working, always have the puck, and Backstrom can hogtie Cole from behind, no call. Hooks on Pouliot in front of Holtby, no call. Chimera charge, no call. Orpik boarding, no call.

This team has just pissed off the wrong people, and it's frustrating as **** to watch.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
giphy.gif

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
A loss is a loss, but I really hope we see a player other than Kunitz with Crosby and Hornqvist once Fehr and Bennett come back.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I will pay Ugene Malkin or any of the other, "lol its not Kunitz!!!" Posters to watch the shifts from this game, log who turns the puck over on the top line every shift, and report their findings.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
+Kids were all good, I thought Pouliot and Murray were especially good
-The stars weren't good enough
----KCH was horrendous, namely Kunitz

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Kunitz-Horny combo is really neutralizing sid. Need to get Kunitz the **** away from the top-6

++Pooh wow he was confident today

-Kessel looked invisible

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Meh, dog Kunitz all you want (deserved), but Kessel deserves a lot of hate too. We need him to step up in games like this. NEED it.

he hasn't done it.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Really solid game from Cullen's line.

Something (we all know what) has to change with Crosby's line or I think we miss the playoffs. If Sullivan wants a hc job next year, he'd better figure it out, sooner rather than later.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Big minus to Sully tonight.
Can't believe he can't see whats going on with Sid's line.

Despite the roster deficiencies, i applaud the effort(except Kessel).

I'd try Pouliot in the top 4 and Maatta down.

+Murray

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
I think they should try Beau at first line left wing. Why not? Use anyone other than Kunitz until then.

Bennett-Crosby-Hornqvist
Hagelin-Malkin-Kessel
Kunitz-Bonino-Rust
Wilson-Cullen-Fehr

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Was Phil Kessel playing tonight? I can remember 2 lost puck battles and one turnover from him, that´s about it. Kunitz somehow managed to outsuck him. These two are gonna hurt us in the playoffs (if we get there). Two terrible hockey players and we will pay the price for them, just like we did tonight.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
IC idk if you have any info about line-up related stuff but if bennett ever comes backs and stays for more than a period will he be tried in the top-6? I dont think he has played under Sullivan much if at all so i feel like at most it will be third line.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Last year, when the Pens couldn't buy a PP, it was, "you never have the puck and you're not working hard enough!"

Now the Pens are fast, hard working, always have the puck, and Backstrom can hogtie Cole from behind, no call. Hooks on Pouliot in front of Holtby, no call. Chimera charge, no call. Orpik boarding, no call.

This team has just pissed off the wrong people, and it's frustrating as **** to watch.

Well, we did benefit from two embellishment calls. But you just knew they would give one back to the Caps in the third.

Hossa die Waldfee

Oct 29, 2015
Does Sully had Sid once out with the 3rd/4th line? I can't remember but this game had shades of "open mouth MJ" coaching.

Overall I'm not too worried. They are a good team but they are not unbeatable. We may not beat them 4 out of 7 times but we could definetly make things interesting.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Was Phil Kessel playing tonight? I can remember 2 lost puck battles and one turnover from him, that´s about it. Kunitz somehow managed to outsuck him. These two are gonna hurt us in the playoffs (if we get there).

Phil has historically been a good playoff player, so hopefully he'll step up. But he was baaad tonight.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Really solid game from Cullen's line.

Something (we all know what) has to change with Crosby's line or I think we miss the playoffs. If Sullivan wants a hc job next year, he'd better figure it out, sooner rather than later.

God damned Hornqvist dragging down the Kunitz line.

Kunitz going for picks at the TDL would have been addition by subtraction. The pathetic *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad