Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Wild-Caps visit BB's new house

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
But he didn't tag up

I think he's saying because the puck wasn't touched in the zone by the attacking player until the teammate tagged then it was onside

similar to the callin the islanders game the other night

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The good: quality road win, top line is flying.

The bad: Kuznetsov has been playing tissue soft hockey for a few weeks now and the 3rd line was a non-factor. These things need to change for the playoffs.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Thank goodness. They lose that game in OT and they're destined to lose the Metro by a point.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I think he's saying because the puck wasn't touched in the zone by the attacking player until the teammate tagged then it was onside

U42Pcjn.png

Both on the blue line with puck completely past.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I don't get all the whining about Kuznetsov. He created at least 3 or 4 great scoring chances and drew a penalty that led to Ovi's hat trick.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

This. I'd need to read the rule book to see if offside is whistled when the puck is touched, or when the puck is "under control". Because depending on the rule book and if the linesman thought he "had control" then the call could be different. But the Wild never touched the puck in an offside position, even if the puck wasn't the first thing in the zone.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I love when a player loads up for the shot, like Oshie did on the game winner. Even better when the passer sees and feeds it. It's a very fast release and is tough on goalies.

I think Kuz has ~30 points in his last 30 games.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
he's not touching the puck dude.
Does the rule actual make a distinction between being in possession of the puck and not actually touching the puck?

Actually now that I think about it, this ruling flies directly in the face of taking the puck in backwards. They have made rulings multiple times saying being in possession of puck is enough and it doesn't have to be in direct contact with the stick.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
He had possession of the puck. I remember an OT goal last year (I think) where the play was deemed onside because Kuznetsov had possession despite the puck not being on his stick. Not sure why they are ignoring precedent.

Not even mad at that though, the Wild deserved that goal. Not a good game at all outside of the top line + Johansson.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
That's the dumbest thing in the world

the puck was inside the zone.

it doesnt have to do with the player

the league has no way to lie their way out of this one

-Alan May

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Alan May "there's no way the league can lie their way out of this one".

About as bad a blown call as you can get. If that happened in a playoff game, ***** should be fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad