Pre-Game Talk: Capitals vs Jets March 21 6:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Sounds like on ice practice canceled. I guess they earned a bit of rest last night

@WpgJetsPR: Apologies for a late schedule change but the #NHLJets will hold a media availibilty for players at 11:15 am @mtscentre.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The big question: who starts in goal tomorrow night? I know he hasn't done well against the Capitals, but I feel at this point in the season you just have to run with who's hot until he has a stinker. This is also an out of conference game so it isn't as critical. I'm going Pavelec.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm sort of in the picking up your chips before the luck runs out camp. Pav struggles against the Caps, might be time to get Hutch back on the pony and see if he stays on.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We could probably extend that and say the entire team has struggled against the Caps, not just Pavs. But this seems to be the week of bucking the trend, maybe we can shut Ovechkin down for most of the game.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I don't want to see Pavelec in this game. Being bad against a team is one thing, but the last reasonably good game he had against the Caps was in January 2013. After that game, he has played them 7 times, and has allowed:

3 goals
4 goals
6 goals
4 goals
4 (lost in a shootout, so not counting the 5th) goals
4 goals
5 goals

That's 30 goals in 7 games. He averages more than 4 goals allowed against the Capitals in our last 7 games against them.

He has played well. He deserves to play more than Hutchinson. But for the love of all that is good and holy, DO NOT PLAY HIM AGAINST THE CAPS!

alchemyindex

vereor nox
Jan 20, 2013
Winnipeg
Agree with people saying that Hutch should be in - Dr. Drej just doesn't cut it against the Caps. Pavs' little run he's going on will push Hutch, and he'll play well.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Pavelec plays until he doesn't get a point, then go back to Hutch , if he wins or gets a point , he starts again . We need every point !! Maybe Pavelec is playing good because he hasn't started 70 games like in past years ?

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I don't want to see Pavelec in this game. Being bad against a team is one thing, but the last reasonably good game he had against the Caps was in January 2013. After that game, he has played them 7 times, and has allowed:

3 goals
4 goals
6 goals
4 goals
4 (lost in a shootout, so not counting the 5th) goals
4 goals
5 goals

That's 30 goals in 7 games. He averages more than 4 goals allowed against the Capitals in our last 7 games against them.

He has played well. He deserves to play more than Hutchinson. But for the love of all that is good and holy, DO NOT PLAY HIM AGAINST THE CAPS!

I know that history is not kind with respect to Pavelec vs the Caps (I was at the 6-1 loss to the Caps 2 years ago, it was a brutal game) but Hutch just hasn't filled me with much confidence his last few starts.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
I hope we don't see another Oscar worthy diving performance from the Caps again. Home ice should help with getting those calls go our way this time.

My guess is PM will start Pavs tomorrow and Hutch Monday, then back to Pavs for Tuesday. Gotta keep them tested with such a busy schedule.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Time for redemption

@RickRalphTSN: #NHLJets dream squasher. MT @mremis
Tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of Wash winning 2 games in a row in Wpg by a combined score of 10-1.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@DarrinBauming: While Maurice cancelled practice, some #NHLJets still skated: Hutchinson, Ellerby, Peluso, Halischuk, Galiardi, O'Dell, Chiarot, Perreault.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
the lack of Buff skating's a bit concerning. guessing he's now a week away.
really won't be shocked if Perreault plays tomorrow or the following game.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
No Perreault, Little or Byfuglien & the Jets still manage to beat Los Angeles, Tampa, Nashville & St Louis.

Hopefully Little is back soon.

Washington always seems to give the Jets a tough time.

Klinger

I was saying Boourns
Aug 27, 2013
PEI
I'm curious to see if it is Slater and not O'Dell sitting when Little returns. O'Dell has clearly played better than Slater, and the fourth line has been decent. Slide Little back to the first and Lowry to the third, keeping a decent 4th line intact.

I wouldn't miss Slater's recent rash of penalties or bad play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad