Post-Game Talk: Capitals vs. Hurricanes. 7:30pm. 10.7.2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Trotz said in his presser there are five guys fighting for one spot. I tend to think that means Galiev, Carey, Thomas, Sill and Malone are fighting it out for the last forward spot (there being no cap considerations since they're all league minimum players and all have to clear waivers). IMO that's more likely than Sanford or Connolly being on the bubble.

I'm a bit surprised they aren't keeping with the hot hand in Thomas for this game but perhaps they don't want too much good tape should they waive him. I doubt Sill or Malone make it so it probably comes down to Galiev, Thomas or Carey and rewarding one for the time being. From there both Sanford and whoever wins that spot could wind up back in Hershey eventually but we'll see. The unavailability of 43 & 90 give all of these options more opportunity.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Coming into the pre-season, I think Malone would have been my guess at a dark horse tweener stealing a spot, but I'd probably have him in the back of the pack currently (although not so far back it couldn't change at the drop of a hat).

I think Sill has some appeal given his PK ability and relative polish as a center. But it doesn't seem like there would be a spot open in the regular 12 starters for that skillset, so he could also be tapped as a first call-up should someone like Beagle, Eller, or Winnik get hurt.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Maybe the job is Thomas's unless someone outshines him tonight

Sill was my darkhorse and I can't flip flop at the 11th hour in case he comes in 14th

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
It's a boring game and we're not even playing well.

As I was saying the other day, Sanford has the uncanny ability to put the puck through the opponent's legs. He had like 3 or 4 nutmegs at the Bell Centre, and one beautiful move tonight.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Chorney back. Game is no fun at all. Nats choke another home playoff game reminding me what is coming in the spring.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Good scrap, Nisky has a cut on his cheek.

EDIT: Another day, another ridiculous assist by Kuzy. A wicked drive on the receiving end, but not from his mate #8.

Last edited:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Kuzy pass was insane. Backstrom can't even make that pass to Ovi often anymore. Could be the overplay on Ovi causing it but still wow what a pass.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Kuzy pass was insane. Backstrom can't even make that pass to Ovi often anymore. Could be the overplay on Ovi causing it but still wow what a pass.

Backstrom can do that pass, he just elects not to. It seems Backstrom always does the safe play now. If he isn't sure about getting the pass through, he just holds on to the puck. Kuzy likes to gamble a little bit with his passes, and it pays off most of the time.

Great goal by Sanford!

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I bet some Caps prospects just said to themselves, figures, a goal from San ****ing ford.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I'm full onboard the Sanford train now.

this :handclap: he looks very NHL ready. He's been really good. One thing not sure anyone noticed cause they didn't call it out on the broadcast but he backchecked and made a fantastic pokecheck to take away a great scoring chance from carolina late in the third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad