Series Discussion: Capitals vs Bruins

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I believe that Ovechkin, Oshie, Carlson, and Schultz are legit injured. I believe its possible to likely that Kuzy and Sammy are lost for at least the first games of the series. They are going to have to win Chara/Hagelin games. Do they have the goaltending to do that? Honestly?

Do you believe that all these missing players are going to be back, sharp and at their best? Thats all been a lie? Ok

I believe.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Tough matchup two weeks ago. Throw in what has taken place since then and the Caps are in deep shiat. Going to be a battle and if they survive, will there be anything left for Pittsburgh in round 2?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Tough matchup two weeks ago. Throw in what has taken place since then and the Caps are in deep shiat. Going to be a battle and if they survive, will there be anything left for Pittsburgh in round 2?

The Caps would play the Penguins for free.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Injuries be damned, the Caps have been playing well. The Bruins are a really good team and this should be a really good series. The Caps might not win, but if they don’t it’s still going to be a hell of a lot better than last playoffs and they’re not gonna go down without a fight.

I think these are the two best teams in the division and the winner of this series makes it to the 3rd round. If the Caps get decent goaltending, I like their chances against anyone. Let’s see what happens.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Injuries be damned, the Caps have been playing well. The Bruins are a really good team and this should be a really good series. The Caps might not win, but if they don’t it’s still going to be a hell of a lot better than last playoffs and they’re not gonna go down without a fight.

I think these are the two best teams in the division and the winner of this series makes it to the 3rd round. If the Caps get decent goaltending, I like their chances against anyone. Let’s see what happens.

How do you think the Caps score? You realize its been nearly a month since Ov has scored a goal?

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
How do you think the Caps score? You realize its been nearly a month since Ov has scored a goal?

This is one area where I think we greatly improved. Depth scoring.

It could be a blessing this playoffs.

Eirikrautha

I believe it is going to be a nasty, ugly, physical series - not only on the ice, but on HF boards between us and the Bruins fans :laugh:
Disagree. It'll be nasty on the ice for sure. On the boards, most of the nastiness will be between Caps fans and Caps "fans." Some supposed "fans" seem to enjoy the Caps losing more than winning, based on what they post. Honestly, I'm tired of the negativity...

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Disagree. It'll be nasty on the ice for sure. On the boards, most of the nastiness will be between Caps fans and Caps "fans." Some supposed "fans" seem to enjoy the Caps losing more than winning, based on what they post. Honestly, I'm tired of the negativity...

Internet message boards and social media just bring out the worst in people.

Imagine if everybody here was sitting in a bar drinking and watching the games. Oh the fun we'd all have! The high fives, the back slapping, the clinking of glasses and general merriment!

(Maaco telling people to step outside and settle things in the car park :laugh: ).

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
Bruins in 7.

But honestly, it’s hockey. Who the hell knows ? As long as they’re actually interested in playing (unlike the bubble), I’ll stick it out with them

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
The Caps have 23 goals in the 8 games since Ovechkin has been out (including his 5 min stint against the Rangers). They’ve played with 10 or 11 forwards at times during that period, and have missed Backstrom, Oshie, Wilson, Kuznetsov, Schultz, and Carlson for stints during that time frame as well.

I don’t know if you’re going around trying to be super negative and dunk on the Capitals as a reverse jinx, or what, but feel free to stop because the shtick is getting old. I’m all for being realistic but you’re unbearable right now and most of your “counter arguments” aren’t even valid.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
Caps in 7. Hopefully in 6 since we don't do well on game 7 on the home ice. With all injuries and covid list players, our best players will be rusty. Plus suspect in goal. Not looking good, but I'm a believer.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
three keys:
1. Team Defense
2. Timely saves by Vancek
3. Greasy goals

Ain’t going to be pretty. We will likely be missing some skill players and those that play will be rusty and/or banged up a bit.

If we can get to 2-2, we will win the series. I picked Caps in 6.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad