Post-Game Talk: Capitals visiting Trotz (1PM ET)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
I visit here and the caps Reddit frequently

the caps reddit is such a cancer compared to here

Reirden sucks, blah blah. But the amount of Holtby butt hugging over there is so annoying

I wasn’t able to watch the game but I saw Holtby let in 4 and then we put Sammy and that was it, we won after

But if you go to reddit, every single goal Holtby let in wasn’t his fault. It’s the defense. Defense is bad in front of Holtby?

Like I don’t get some of our fans logic. Can you just almost that Holtby is lost and is gone? It’s over. We had a good run with him but he’s been bad for years. Why can’t some fans just admit he bad now?

Reactions: Pomee and Heath

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I visit here and the caps Reddit frequently

the caps reddit is such a cancer compared to here

Reirden sucks, blah blah. But the amount of Holtby butt hugging over there is so annoying

I wasn’t able to watch the game but I saw Holtby let in 4 and then we put Sammy and that was it, we won after

But if you go to reddit, every single goal Holtby let in wasn’t his fault. It’s the defense. Defense is bad in front of Holtby?

Like I don’t get some of our fans logic. Can you just almost that Holtby is lost and is gone? It’s over. We had a good run with him but he’s been bad for years. Why can’t some fans just admit he bad now?
We have enough Holtby defenders here

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Amazing game. When OV is motivated (and healthy?) wow.

The PP is a huge problem and is instant momentum for opponents.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
We have enough Holtby defenders here

But how can you objectively say the defense sucks, not Holtby but the same defense in front of Sammy is playing?

But is it any doubt it seems like we don’t like playing in front of Holtby? The just play better with Sammy?

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Amazing game. When OV is motivated (and healthy?) wow.

The PP is a huge problem and is instant momentum for opponents.

I would move backy to another position or PP2. When he gets the puck it’s to easy to defend. 8 and 74 are the only scoring options he looks to pass. We never pass to Kuz or Oshie they pretty much just chase rebounds and dump ins on the PP

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
But how can you objectively say the defense sucks, not Holtby but the same defense in front of Sammy is playing?

But is it any doubt it seems like we don’t like playing in front of Holtby? The just play better with Sammy?

I’ve never said the defense sucks and everyone knows where I stand on Holtby.

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
After the 2nd pd. I went on to another hobby (I actually drifted off for a while since I didn't sleep well). Minutes ago I checked the score and did a triple take. We all know this is a great come from behind team, but big comebacks aren't that common !

Don't know what more any of us can say about Ovi... in his mid 30s :bow:

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
I’ve never said the defense sucks and everyone knows where I stand on Holtby.

I meant you as an in a general term, not you specifically. Apologizes but yeah, I think it’s time to take a knee on Holtby. Play Sammy until he needs a break. It’s clear as day at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad