Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Garin Bjorklund (G)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Given the logjam in Hershey, Miro might not be with the Bears to start the year. Making the Caps roster isn't really on the menu for him in camp.

He might start out in NA as a Stingray and there's nothing wrong with that.

I’d be shocked (if not disappointed)….can’t imagine the scenario honestly. If he sucks, he probably just returns home. If he’s solid as I expect, they will make room for him with the Bears.

Reactions: Jags

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I’d be shocked (if not disappointed)….can’t imagine the scenario honestly. If he sucks, he probably just returns home. If he’s solid as I expect, they will make room for him with the Bears.

Acclimating to the NA game and building an NHL body aren't small things. If he doesn't crack the top of Hershey's lineup, I'd prefer he start out in SC. No shame in that at all. He doesn't have to suck to not make a stacked roster or crack a spot high enough in the lineup to suit his development.

Regardless, I agree that he most likely makes the Bears. My point was just that there's a much better chance that he starts the year in SC than with the Caps. Fans thinking he has a shot in DC right now are psyching themselves up for nothing.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Acclimating to the NA game and building an NHL body aren't small things. If he doesn't crack the top of Hershey's lineup, I'd prefer he start out in SC. No shame in that at all. He doesn't have to suck to not make a stacked roster or crack a spot high enough in the lineup to suit his development.

Regardless, I agree that he most likely makes the Bears. My point was just that there's a much better chance that he starts the year in SC than with the Caps. Fans thinking he has a shot in DC right now are psyching themselves up for nothing.
Totally get it….

It feels like this conversation happened before, and someone else pointed out that not many (eventually) successful first rounders from overseas play in the ECHL….not sure what the numbers say myself.

Nothing against starting in SC, I just think they will prioritize him being in Hershey if he looks half decent.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Not really sure what direction this post is going. Are you basically saying Miro isn't going to make it because he's likely Hershey bound this season instead of staying in Russia? He's got a ton of competitive nature and plays a strong physical game already. I think he'll do well in the AHL once he figures out the flow difference from Russia and starts to learn the system they play in Hershey. He's already got a NHL level shot so that should help as well once he earns the minutes to get scoring line and PP opportunities.
Forwards especially young ones won't like riding the bus for any length of time! Defense and goaltending are fine developing in the A but it seems to be a death-knell for Forwards especially youngsters under say 22. Personally I believe he should stayed in Russia for 2-3-4 years more and played a tonne...so he's going to compete for a spot on Calder Cup Champion Hersey Bears?

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Forwards especially young ones won't like riding the bus for any length of time! Defense and goaltending are fine developing in the A but it seems to be a death-knell for Forwards especially youngsters under say 22. Personally I believe he should stayed in Russia for 2-3-4 years more and played a tonne...so he's going to compete for a spot on Calder Cup Champion Hersey Bears?
What?

Okay so this is just a "boo hoo he didn't stay in Russia" take? Because the KHL is super famous for giving young players lots of playing time?

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Not so sure I agree with your take but that's OK. Everyone sees things a little different. I do think he'll compete for a spot and secure one easily. If nothing else for his NHL level shot. The bears had a good bit of turnover but they're stacked at forward with their FA acquisitions now but there's room for him. I do think the capitals are heavily involved in some of the playing time and roster decisions the bears make as well as the systems they run. Not all NHL/AHL relationships are as tight as the Caps/Bears. There's a reason Lappy stayed in the 3C spot in Hershey last season despite struggling mightily at times. Took a few scratches but kept his job. Also if you look how other top prospects were deployed in Hershey it shows Washington helped guide some deployment as well. They put CMM on the PK and gave him a leadership role to build his defensive game and accountability. We'll continue to leverage our strong relationship with the bears to develop prospects the right way and Miro will be in Washington sooner rather than later with the likelihood we will have plenty of holes in DC to fill in a couple years.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Not so sure I agree with your take but that's OK. Everyone sees things a little different. I do think he'll compete for a spot and secure one easily. If nothing else for his NHL level shot. The bears had a good bit of turnover but they're stacked at forward with their FA acquisitions now but there's room for him. I do think the capitals are heavily involved in some of the playing time and roster decisions the bears make as well as the systems they run. Not all NHL/AHL relationships are as tight as the Caps/Bears. There's a reason Lappy stayed in the 3C spot in Hershey last season despite struggling mightily at times. Took a few scratches but kept his job. Also if you look how other top prospects were deployed in Hershey it shows Washington helped guide some deployment as well. They put CMM on the PK and gave him a leadership role to build his defensive game and accountability. We'll continue to leverage our strong relationship with the bears to develop prospects the right way and Miro will be in Washington sooner rather than later with the likelihood we will have plenty of holes in DC to fill in a couple years.
For a moment let's forget about what the Roster of the Capitals might look like in a couple of years time and just think about the young Mirosh!What's best for him? NAmerica with all the adjustment in Culture and playing time and just Life! I know the Caps have a great history with their Russian players and without them they would not have Championed a Stanley Cup! I think the youngster should have waited and not be dazzled by all the hype and bright lights of NAmerica! The "Farm" team Hershey or any other AHL team are not the "Bright Lights"! Personally like my Russian or European players to come over at age 23-24 after success at the varying levels! Players need to be Mature Mentally,Physically and Emotionally to handle what's likely in "Store" in NAmerica

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
For a moment let's forget about what the Roster of the Capitals might look like in a couple of years time and just think about the young Mirosh!What's best for him? NAmerica with all the adjustment in Culture and playing time and just Life! I know the Caps have a great history with their Russian players and without them they would not have Championed a Stanley Cup! I think the youngster should have waited and not be dazzled by all the hype and bright lights of NAmerica! The "Farm" team Hershey or any other AHL team are not the "Bright Lights"! Personally like my Russian or European players to come over at age 23-24 after success at the varying levels! Players need to be Mature Mentally,Physically and Emotionally to handle what's likely in "Store" in NAmerica
Wouldnt it help for a younger player to learn how to live on his own and speak English in a system designed for their success? Isnt Miro already hanging out with Ovie and the other Russians going to Washington football games?

Im sure the KHL will make the kid a better NHL pro then riding shutgun with Ovie and the other Russians.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
What’s best for him is opinion at this point. His inner circle clearly believes he’s ready to make the move.

I certainly don’t dislike him getting out of that environment and into one here where Ovechkin and the team can interact with him regularly.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
What’s best for him is opinion at this point. His inner circle clearly believes he’s ready to make the move.

I certainly don’t dislike him getting out of that environment and into one here where Ovechkin and the team can interact with him regularly.
Playing in the NHL as a 19 year old is a tough task for the best NHLers! Hope the youngster is up to it and succeeds of course

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Wouldnt it help for a younger player to learn how to live on his own and speak English in a system designed for their success? Isnt Miro already hanging out with Ovie and the other Russians going to Washington football games?

Im sure the KHL will make the kid a better NHL pro then riding shutgun with Ovie and the other Russians.
Its great to have a few Russians on the squad but will the youngster be ready? No sense playing on the 4th line and limited minutes when he should be getting 20-25 minutes per night and developing...

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Its great to have a few Russians on the squad but will the youngster be ready? No sense playing on the 4th line and limited minutes when he should be getting 20-25 minutes per night and developing...
He wouldn’t get that in the KHL anyway, and their development leagues are a step below the AHL and on a different rink to boot.

There is no argument for Miro developing overseas.

Take a look at what’s happened to Michkov recently, getting loaned to a team with no prerogative to develop him (because he’s a loan) but also being squeezed out of playing time (despite being good) because… what, he committed to North America? Because the kid behind him is better? Not seeing top line roles being given to KHL kids

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
He wouldn’t get that in the KHL anyway, and their development leagues are a step below the AHL and on a different rink to boot.

There is no argument for Miro developing overseas.

Take a look at what’s happened to Michkov recently, getting loaned to a team with no prerogative to develop him (because he’s a loan) but also being squeezed out of playing time (despite being good) because… what, he committed to North America? Because the kid behind him is better? Not seeing top line roles being given to KHL kids
And Mirosh won't see top line minutes in the NHL either...and I don't think he's going to get top line minutes in Hershey which will be his destination I'm sure at least to start the NHL season or after his 9 game stint! But like I said I'm hoping he's ready and does produce right out of "gate"!

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
And Mirosh won't see top line minutes in the NHL either...and I don't think he's going to get top line minutes in Hershey which will be his destination I'm sure at least to start the NHL season or after his 9 game stint! But like I said I'm hoping he's ready and does produce right out of "gate"!
You still haven't proven how staying is better, you just flip to this thing where you say if he doesn't instantly make the NHL it's better to go to the KHL, even though nothing indicates that and it's the reason he broke his contract in the first place. If you think Miro doesn't know he's going to Hershey you're fooling yourself, it's still better than staying. This is a dumb conversation.

bacchist

lumpy, lumpy head
Feb 7, 2013
So what's this kid been up to lately? I was surprised he wasn't in the lineup yesterday. I expected him to play, even though he will probably be sent down before the start of the season.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
So what's this kid been up to lately? I was surprised he wasn't in the lineup yesterday. I expected him to play, even though he will probably be sent down before the start of the season.
If he's not in the next pre-season game one of my eyebrows might start to raise.

Reactions: bacchist

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I’d be very surprised if Miro wasn’t a top 9W for Hershey. The AHL IS a “development league” and he will start there. If he sucks/is overwhelmed, then I could see him loaned back to the KHL.

However, I am certainly NOT expecting that.

If he's not in the next pre-season game one of my eyebrows might start to raise.
Not the dreaded “eyebrow raise” my man. Don’t do that to the kid, that soon!!!!

Let’s start with an “ahem, throat clear” or possibly a “slight smirk” to lay a better foundation?

• Haha
Reactions: Calicaps

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I mean, if you’re looking at the lines, it doesn’t look like many of the young players are getting much of a shot with the older vets

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I mean, if you’re looking at the lines, it doesn’t look like many of the young players are getting much of a shot with the older vets
Season hasn't even started yet and one of the injury-proof veterans have already dropped out with injury (Edmundson) while another in Pacioretty propably won't be back for the first month, possibly even 2. That's 2 open spots with injuries already and we have played like 33% of the pre-season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad