Capitals took out a full page ad in the Las Vegas Review-Journal to congratulate the Golden Knights

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Is even one VGK fan happy to see this ad? This is a really clumsy gesture and could have been better accomplished by making a statement at the draft. I'm sure we'll still see that anyway which just makes this ad all the more pointless.

I trust they had good intentions but I don't see why they bothered.
I thought it was fine.
Also, the shooting not withstanding, not really sure the VGK would have responded with the same class. They actually seem like a pretty juevenile group over there.

Golden Knights' Twitter account introduced the Bruins lineup with female names
Good lord.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The Caps had a surplus of money after not paying to keep the DC metro open late.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Classy move. Though if I am a VGK fan, it's probably too raw still to want to read congrats on the team that won the cup.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Classy move. Though if I am a VGK fan, it's probably too raw still to want to read congrats on the team that won the cup.
There's a lot less rawness when you expected the team to finish with 75 points at the beginning of the season. I'm different than some people, though.

I was there, I stayed to see the presentation, I watched most of the guys skate the cup, I left my seat and shook some Caps fans hands, I took a shower, I ate some food, and I recalled how I told my girlfriend to not get excited before every game we went to early in the season because "they're not really this good, the bottom will fall out. Just be ready."

The season was more than I could have asked for. I hope we'll get another shot soon.

Reactions: Seven0two

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
There's a lot less rawness when you expected the team to finish with 75 points at the beginning of the season. I'm different than some people, though.

I was there, I stayed to see the presentation, I watched most of the guys skate the cup, I left my seat and shook some Caps fans hands, I took a shower, I ate some food, and I recalled how I told my girlfriend to not get excited before every game we went to early in the season because "they're not really this good, the bottom will fall out. Just be ready."

The season was more than I could have asked for. I hope we'll get another shot soon.
It was a surreal season for you guys. Hockey is the toughest sport to win a Cup. Not only are there 31 teams, but you have to win 4 rds to win the Cup. It's come a long way from the 6 team league. It was easy to win a cup then. 1/6 chances. It's now 1/31 chances and 4 rds(16 wins in the playoffs) You guys keep your chins up. 13 wins in the playoffs is something to be proud of.

Reactions: Seven0two

gtrower

Feb 10, 2016
This is the kind of humble gesture that ends up being the knife twist that hurts the worst on the losing side. I see what we were going for, but I’d be ripping that paper in half if the roles were reversed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad