Capitals to host the 2015 Winter Classic

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I don't hate them, but I've never liked the primary logo.

There are too many stripes, though.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Info on Epix Show, everyone will be able to view online for free, or sign up for epix digital package for a free trial as well.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=731423

U.S. hockey fans will be able to watch each episode streamed live for free on EPIX.com, the EPIX mobile and connected device apps, as well as on NHL.com, the NHL app, and the official websites and apps for each participating team. In addition, fans will be able to sign up for a free trial EPIX subscription at EPIX.com to view the entire series on demand through the EPIX online and app platforms.

This was a must due to low subscriber rates.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Love the color, hate the faux-retro. If you're going to go with a "retro" look, actually have it be a throwback. Don't invent an old-looking jersey that never existed. That's just stupid. We aren't an original six team, don't try to pretend to be one.

Also, Ovie's pants and sandles. :laugh:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I like them. Reminds me of the Michigan throwbacks:

f095j4.jpg

Would of been better if they left Capitals off the front and just went with the W

ryan519*

i think the jerseys look great. helps when u look at a picture that doesnt have the background the same color as the jersey

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I don't mind them. Dig the color and the shoulder stripes. Gotten used to the front part a bit though probably the weakest part. I'm considering picking one up.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
i like the jersey a lot. the stars, the stripes, the color scheme, the laces, and so on. unfortunately the main logo is kind of ugly, the Washington monument? or whatever it's called (i'm Canadian) makes the W look kind of awkward but that's my only complaint.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Apparently an actual Q&A with reporters

"Ovi, are you wearing baseball pants?"
"Uh, yeah. We're on a baseball field."

LOL this guy

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Yeah those are hideous. In concept and execution. I grew to like the new red jerseys though, so we'll see.

LifetimeUFA

Apr 12, 2014
Love the jerseys, nice to see them get creative and not go with what everyone thought they would have gone with (red version of '11 WC)

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
If you're going to go with a "retro" look, actually have it be a throwback. Don't invent an old-looking jersey that never existed. That's just stupid. We aren't an original six team, don't try to pretend to be one.

Ding, ding, ding...

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
these jerseys make the players look like walking candycanes

terrible

if they got rid of the shoulder stripes and simplified that part, then these might actually work

way, way too many stripes, it's just too "busy"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad