GDT: Capitals @ The Inglorious Basterds - 7PM MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I’m not sure I get giving the guy exclusively 4th line minutes and then punishing him before shitty AHLers that are making even more costly mistakes.
The tried and true go to move of insecure coaches. Hold rookies and young players to higher standards than veteran players who aren't any better.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Can we wait and make sure that he's actually being taken out before the inevitable pushing of the red button? :laugh:
Sure, but we’ve seen this script before which invariably will end the same way (tonight or soon enough) and we know which way he’s leaning based on ATOI the last couple games anyway

Reactions: My3Sons

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is some bullshit. Holtz has actually looked good in his limited minutes, he worked on the things he was supposed to work on, and his production is starting to pick up right when we need it with our top two centers out.

What is the purpose of benching him now, besides f***ing with his head?
You also wonder what kind of analytics they’re using if they think Holtz has stunk on the whole.

Shit like this is why I haven’t bothered to change my avatar or user title from the playoffs lol

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Sure, but we’ve seen this script before which invariably will end the same way (tonight or soon enough) and we know which way he’s leaning based on ATOI the last couple games anyway

I mean, they played roughly the same TOI in Chicago 2 games ago, and Willman had 40 seconds more in Colorado so the equivalent of one shift. I didn't get to watch that game, so I don't know if the way the game played out resulted in any dramatic changes in ice time but it didn't appear to with the bottom 6 guys.

Look, I'm all aboard the notion that Holtz should be getting some more ice time and he's done the things they seem to be looking for. But I'm waiting to see if they actually take him out given Morreale said he practiced on PP2 this morning, too.

HersheyBob27

Apr 5, 2014
Canada
Might be a good time for holtz to take a break and watch from upstair. Lately he seem to just run around with limited hockey sense. That being said I thought lazar and willman both sucked equally last game. Dumb shit happens when lazar is around. Holtz wouldn’t be my first choice to come out at the end of the day

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
are-we-protesting-or-are-we-rioting-south-park.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Honestly, Schmid be playing too.

Vitek has been the definition of mediocre this season and since February of last year. I bet he has Jack Campbell/Blackwood numbers over his last however many games he’s played since February of 2023. He was mediocre again last game with two leaky goals.

Schmid hasn’t been good either, but barely plays and hasn’t been allowed to build off last Friday’s game after Vitek was whatever, and now he’ll be sitting 11 days at least and that’s if they dare throw him in against Winnipeg.

Last year Vitek could have had two shutouts in a row since the other guy’s most recent game and they would have still played the other guy tonight, because they didn’t sit him for more than a week when he was healthy.

The only reason to not play Schmid tonight is because he wasn’t good last time against Washington. I also remember Vitek allowing a Dick Trickler game winning game in that one.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vanecek = .888% in 35 games since February 2023.

Schmid = .916% in 22 games since last February of 2023.

I don’t think Ruff or the org gives a single fragment of a shit about making Vitek happen, as much as it seems to have thrown Schmid in the dog house for his second and third games this year.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I can't wait for Wilson to run someone over and some of the posterrs on here talking about us needing a goon.

I don’t think Ruff or the org gives a single fragment of a shit about making Vitek happen, as much as it seems to have thrown Schmid in the dog house for his second and third games this year.
All Hail Akira

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey

I think it's more that they've made it clear they think the bigger issue right now is the play in front of the goaltenders rather than the goaltenders themselves.

But this year so far, Vitek has made the case for more starts compared to Schmid. He's at least been able to make some key stops when the team has needed them, even if he's let in his fair share of bad ones as well. And maybe they feel more comfortable putting Vitek out there to start given Schmid didn't fare well in the first game against the Caps.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I can't wait for Wilson to run someone over and some of the posterrs on here talking about us needing a goon.

All Hail Akira
They are missing the point. There should be a designated position on NJ for an unrepentant sociopath. Someone with a true sadisitc streak who enjoys absolutely cheap shotting the best players on the other team. You should probably stock your AHL team with a number of them as they will get suspended and need replacing. Given how the NHL treats these players NJ will come out way ahead. Sure, you have to cycle guys around on the fourth line to cover the suspensions but so what. The best players on the other team will miss tons of games. That's a big win for NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad