Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers Game 6: HANK HANK HANK HANK!

Balej20

Jan 4, 2013
The more I look at that Green cross check to the face of Dorsett, the more sick it makes me. Green should absolutely be suspended for that play. The league can't have plays like that in hockey.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Yeah, what's up with this slew foot nonsense? Maybe I don't know the definition, but it didn't look like a clear case of an infraction to me.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Toronto-NYR series would be a ratings monster for the League.

Last time they faced the Leafs was 1971 QF. They were 2nd overall but lost to Chicago in the SF. Stemkowskis two OT winners.

Gooooo conspiracy!!!!

Just what the caps fans need. lol

Kershaw

Toronto-NYR series would be a ratings monster for the League.

Last time they faced the Leafs was 1971 QF. They were 2nd overall but lost to Chicago in the SF. Stemkowskis two OT winners.

Gooooo conspiracy!!!!

I would love it from the media tirade both cities would go through lol.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
NBC would want no part of a Canadian team in the 2nd round, they would much rather have Rangers/Bruins.

Obviously would be great for Canadian tv ratings with both Ottawa and Toronto in the 2nd round.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
It's easy to spot which Craps fans are new to hockey. They're the ones saying that attempted penalties are suspension worthy. Morons. I picture most Craps fans walking around with headphones with "Inhale. Exhale." on repeat.

Blueblood9

Dec 11, 2011
Nashville, TN
Im not bashing them by saying what I did. But its more thats its expected from them. Stralman was not expected to be as good as he has. He's raised his game to a whole new level, imo. Just great to see.

I agree looking at it this way I just think gran gets overlooked cause of his pp misfortunes

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
lol i try not to even look at other boards. practically every other teams fans want the rangers to lose. they have to be one of the most hated or maybe even the most hated team on hf boards. its unreal.

Small market fans here are some of the most bitter people i've ever had the misfortune of reading.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Can we petition the crowd to stop with the moronic "Ovie sucks" chant with 8 minutes left? It's unoriginal, stupid, and I can't imagine it does anything but give the Caps and Ovie more motivation to shut us up.

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Small market fans here are some of the most bitter people i've ever had the misfortune of reading.

I'm sure a lot of it is 2nd city mentality has a lot to do with it, but to be fair I'm sure our brand of "Blockey" factors in too. If I was not a Rangers fan I would hate watching our team play. It is not entertaining, we do not play Hockey under Torts. Sometimes I feel I had more fun watching the Rangers terrible teams during the dead puck era (probably not true at all), at least we saw a team (a bad one) attempt to play HOCKEY. Even last years team which I loved so dearly got on my nerves with their style of play.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
This was the closest we've had to Hank and the skaters being on the same page. If they started out that way this series might not have been so ugly to watch

Kershaw

Do you remember why it started?

Sens chanted "ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE" at 11:00 every period during games 3 and 4 ECQF.

Rangers fans in game 5 and 7 chanted "ALFIE SUCKS ALFIE SUCKS" at 11:00 every period.

It carried over to the Caps series where Rangers fans began the "OVIE SUCKS" chant at 8:00 each period.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Sens chanted "ALFIE ALFIE ALFIE" at 11:00 every period during games 3 and 4 ECQF.

Rangers fans in game 5 and 7 chanted "ALFIE SUCKS ALFIE SUCKS" at 11:00 every period.

It carried over to the Caps series where Rangers fans began the "OVIE SUCKS" chant at 8:00 each period.

Exactly. I think it was a blunt, but entertaining, turnaround on another team's tradition. And I'm very rarely entertained by "___ sucks" type of chants.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
I'm sure a lot of it is 2nd city mentality has a lot to do with it, but to be fair I'm sure our brand of "Blockey" factors in too. If I was not a Rangers fan I would hate watching our team play. It is not entertaining, we do not play Hockey under Torts. Sometimes I feel I had more fun watching the Rangers terrible teams during the dead puck era (probably not true at all), at least we saw a team (a bad one) attempt to play HOCKEY. Even last years team which I loved so dearly got on my nerves with their style of play.

Today's game was HIGHLY entertaining.

It's small market butthurt. No more, no less.

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Can we petition the crowd to stop with the moronic "Ovie sucks" chant with 8 minutes left? It's unoriginal, stupid, and I can't imagine it does anything but give the Caps and Ovie more motivation to shut us up.

Ovy has one goal and has been a no-show in the Garden.

I'm not the biggest fan of the chant but it hasn't helped the Caps at all.

Cake or Death

Whether the puck hit Richards or not, Brad made the correct play. You want a guy without the puck driving to the net. He occupied a defender, created space, and those are the type of plays where odd ball deflections occasionally happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad