Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers Game 6: HANK HANK HANK HANK!

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
Why is it defending players don't flatten Ribeiro? He's not fast, but somewhat shifty, yes. I don't understand how they don't just flatten him every other shift. It's beyond me.

I'm really starting to hate Fehr's face. Well, him in general. Wannabe tough guy.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Everyone is saying Brassard is amazing, and I agree. BUT, Mr Stralman has been outstanding. Ill even go as far as to say that he has been our best defenseman in the series. He played an outstanding game today.

Stralman was awful in games 1 and 2. He's been very good since.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Why is it defending players don't flatten Ribeiro? He's not fast, but somewhat shifty, yes. I don't understand how they don't just flatten him every other shift. It's beyond me.

The same reason why Nylander never got flattened. Similar players.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
omg watching the replay now, finally saw the Richards open net block. my god.

1314029819767.png

Was listening to Kenny Albert on gamecenter in the restaurant call it, and I was face palming.

Pretty sure Holtby made the save. Watched it on my 112" screen in slow mo several times and I don't think it touched Brad.

NYRANGERAMI*

What a game today!!!!! Crowd Buzzing. Elated relief with first goal and only one...lol

Game 7 here we come. Game 7's are all about who wants it more, I dont care where the game is being played. LGRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
I watched it three times on my 47" TV. That's 141 inches total and I think it hit Richards.

I'm gonna go watch it again. My gut says right pad save by Holtby...just missing Brad by a few inches. I say that because the deflection is delayed from the point where it would have hit Brad.

NYRANGERAMI*

LGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!....PP 19-7 since game 3. Rangers struggling on the PP. But the caps will pay dearly if they think we wont score on another 5 PP if they choose to hand us that next game. Rangers thriving to the finish line. One more game boys, finish them!!!!!!!!

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
LGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!....PP 19-7 since game 3. Rangers struggling on the PP. But the caps will pay dearly if they think we wont score on another 5 PP if they choose to hand us that next game. Rangers thriving to the finish line. One more game boys, finish them!!!!!!!!

I think the real problem is that, when you do a gut-check, you know that it is very possible that the powerplay will not be productive even over 5 tries.
It would be really nice if it could even be anemic, instead of non-existant.

MrEctions

Willy Nilly
Apr 24, 2007
Clinton, Ny
It might be asking for death. But it would be truly satisfying to see the Caps get a 3-4 PP advantage tomorrow and still lose, would be epic.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Can someone get me the video of gif of the holtby flop from tonight?

NYRANGERAMI*

I think the real problem is that, when you do a gut-check, you know that it is very possible that the powerplay will not be productive even over 5 tries.
It would be really nice if it could even be anemic, instead of non-existant.

Well really anything can happen. But on the Caps board they are talking about how our PP is invisible. And they are right. But you wanna end a predator that is stalking you if you get a chance. And the Caps have failed to do so. You never wanna keep tempting fate. Because tempting fate could turn into 5 PP for the Rangers with all going to the back of the net. None the less...LGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

As it really comes down to who wants it more. And tomorrow regardless of anything, It will show by the final score who wants it more, excuses for the losing team tomorrow get parked at the door. Do or Die. By whatever means necessary. LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
right before the 4:00 mark in the 3rd

Watched it 20+ times in super slow mo. It's impossible to know what happened conclusively from the one angle we get. Looks like it just goes past Brad's right skate and then either hits Brad in the ass or Holtby saves it. lol

RangersFan

Feb 27, 2002
NY, NY
Watched it 20+ times in super slow mo. It's impossible to know what happened conclusively from the one angle we get. Looks like it just goes past Brad's right skate and then either hits Brad in the ass or Holtby saves it. lol

Kenny Albert was pretty emphatic in his call that Beaver prevented a sure goal.

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
Kenny Albert was pretty emphatic in his call that Beaver prevented a sure goal.

Perhaps he had a better view than our TV feed. But the reality is there was plenty more net that was missed. Richards was in the direct path of Holtby, so if it didn't hit Brad, it likely would have been a save. It's only natural everyone wants to beat up Richards, but I'm not convinced this one is on him.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
Well really anything can happen. But on the Caps board they are talking about how our PP is invisible. And they are right. But you wanna end a predator that is stalking you if you get a chance. And the Caps have failed to do so. You never wanna keep tempting fate. Because tempting fate could turn into 5 PP for the Rangers with all going to the back of the net. None the less...LGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

As it really comes down to who wants it more. And tomorrow regardless of anything, It will show by the final score who wants it more, excuses for the losing team tomorrow get parked at the door. Do or Die. By whatever means necessary. LGR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good way of distilling it. Oh yes, I have many, many times over my many years following the Rangers thought the same, and would not really want it any other way. No point in following, not much point in watching game in and game out if you don't think it is possible.
The team that wants it more should get it. Hopefully, that team that simply will not accept a loss is the Rangers.

Lets Go Rangers

30theking

Mar 31, 2012
lol i try not to even look at other boards. practically every other teams fans want the rangers to lose. they have to be one of the most hated or maybe even the most hated team on hf boards. its unreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad