Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Rangers 3/24/13

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Good example of how absurd the anti-torts hyperbole has gotten. He knows the team on a level none of us can dream of. Get real. Gaborik isn't good in the shootout. Richards was a gamble just like any shooter past Nash and Callahan would be. Putting Step third was smart and it worked.

You can absolutely do worse than 8th/9th and top 5 defense in the league statistically. Boucher has already done worse this year. He was just fired for doing worse.

boucher has a **** defense and a bad goalie.. They scored plenty of goals to win games.

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
Even if Gaborik hasn't been good on the shootout this year he had a breakaway goal last game and almost scored one tonight. There is no way Richards is the best option.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
I can understand why Richards is getting chance after chance... The team needs this guy to get the rest of the offense going. He obviously isn't going anywhere right now. I can see why Tortorella keeps throwing him out there.

At the same time, there's other players that can do better than he's doing right now.

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Another bellow average game from Lundqvist. Way too far out of his net during the shoot out

Eh, stop crying for attention and creating unrealistic expectations. Although, you got my attention because of how much I vehemently disagree.

First one was a lucky fluke bounce and he had absolutely zero chance on that Ovechkin deflection.

And he made a game saving save at the end of the 3rd to get us a point. We don't get a point without him IMO.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
Team would of been better off taking the whole year off and having a random lottery to pick fans out of their seats to play each game.

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
So sick and ****ing tired of the favoritism from Tortorella.

Gaborik wont get a chance whether hes playing good or bad. Hes been the best player out of the top three the last 5-6 games.

Richards has to be 1/15 as a Ranger in the shootout. Yet he continues to use Richards.

NEVER ****ing benches Richards.

If I was Gaborik id say **** Tortorella and just ask for a trade. I dunno how these guys can stand playing under this ****ing clown. I really dont.

I guess Gaborik is a lot more mature than you are.

BarbaraAlphanse

Again.

There seems to be a pattern, here.

Mistake and Torts? Those two don't go together. Torts isn't the problem whatsoever. This is how it has to be done. This is the only way - the right way.

I have a shirt that proves it, therefore this "Torts can even make a mistake" belief is invalid.

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
No reason for Richards in that position. Was tried multiple times last year and he didn't score one shootout goal. Gaborik, Kreider, Hags. Anyone but Richards.

member 116805

Gave it to Asham, Kreider and Newbs. 3 players i expected the least of tonight. All were good

Edit: Thanks for not making one of those preteen polls btw

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Lundqvist played a good game I thought. Key saves at good times. I'm starting to get the feeling that he's becoming very frustrated with the way the team in front of him is playing. I think it's unlikely, but if the Rangers keep sucking and end up getting blown out sometime soon, I can see him pulling a Roy and just saying, "that's it". Again, unlikely, but I'm sure Habs fans didn't expect that either.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
boucher has a **** defense and a bad goalie.. They scored plenty of goals to win games.

We have a good defense in part because of Torts. You can't crap on his gameplan for being too heavy on defense and then lift up the individual defenders like their performance has nothing to do with the strategy.

TB scored goals yes - won games? Not so much. Check the standings.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Kreider has actually proven to be very good on breakaways.. Why did he not get a shot in the SO? Oh, I forgot because Torts has his favorites.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad