Futures Passed

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy.
Sep 2, 2018
Is this the Caps bottom six?

Burakovsky Eller Connolly
Jaskin Boyd DSP

6'3 225 lbs Maroon is avg 14 min TOI.
Has 4g, 10a, 14pts, 41pim - 1ppg, 2gwg.

His 85 hits would put him 5th on your team.
His 14pts put him ahead of your entire bottom six sans Eller and Connolly.

Maroon seems like a great cheap option to beef up the Caps 3rd line imo, unless you want to pay up bigger assets.

Close.

Usually more like:

Burakovsky - Eller - Connolly
Stephenson - Boyd/Dowd - DSP
Jaskin

Jaskin is more like the 14th forward on the team right now. Although he was getting games for awhile and is in the lineup tonight. Bura was demoted to the 4th line recently but also displayed some chemistry with Boyd there and scored a goal.

I think they Caps are attached to Bura's speed on the 3rd line, so I think whoever replaces him will have to be at least an above average skater. I also get the strong impression that GMBM is looking for a veteran who can contribute to another Cup run this year. I will not be totally surprised if Bura turns it around and the Caps keep him for another playoff run, because I can't think of that many options where there is a clear upgrade and Bura's cap hit is also scaring off suitors.

Meh.

Last edited:

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Seems people here propose a lot of useless or inconsistent junk for a 1st or Johansen. None of those going anywhere. WSH absolutely not gonna trade a 1st or their top-3/5 prospect for an upgrade on the 3rd line. Try Burakovsky, Bowey, some middle round picks from 2020 and someone of Jaskin/DSP/Dowd.

Manhattan

Dec 23, 2013
Stockholm
Close.

Usually more like:

Burakovsky - Eller - Connolly
Stephenson - Boyd/Dowd - DSP
Jaskin

Jaskin is more like the 8th forward on the team right now. Although he was getting games for awhile and is in the lineup tonight. Bura was demoted to the 4th line recently but also displayed some chemistry with Boyd there and scored a goal.

I think they Caps are attached to Bura's speed on the 3rd line, so I think whoever replaces him will have to be at least an above average skater. I also get the strong impression that GMBM is looking for a veteran who can contribute to another Cup run this year. I will not be totally surprised if Bura turns it around and the Caps keep him for another playoff run, because I can't think of that many options where there is a clear upgrade and Bura's cap hit is also scaring off suitors.

Meh.
”8th forward”?

Jaskin, guessing you mean 13th/14th forward.
The 8th forward Would be on the third line.

8th defender is a press box regular.
8th forward is a vital part of a team.

Shagged Yer Nan

Tom Filthson
Feb 15, 2012
NoVa
”8th forward”?

Yeesh, a bit technical are we?

He was talking about 8th forward in the rotation for the bottom 6, as he pointed out in his post.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
A lot of pretty good proposals here. Because of the coming cap crunch, the Caps gotta be looking for a rental.

Dzingel, Hagelin, Zuccarello, Ferland, Simmonds all sound interesting (assuming some of those guys can still bring it -- haven't seen several of them for a while).

I'd pretty much be looking for the best player (of these, etc) that the Caps could get for something like Burakovsky+2nd.

I'm not sure there's a clear rental target that would be worth more than that for the Caps, e.g. Bura + 1st + whatever, but I don't think it should be entirely off the table... if there's ever a time to be a spender, it's now -- when you have a chance to repeat with a core that's beginning to age. Also, there are always injuries -- in particular, Oshie has been banged up a lot... Maybe Stone, what would that take?

Reactions: Misery74

Futures Passed

Sep 2, 2018
”8th forward”?

For sure. My bad- typo- a bit distracted at the time.

Reactions: Manhattan

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
I’m not sure any of those Kings pieces individually is worth Burakovsky, which is supposed to be worth a 1st?

It has been said that Burakovsky's value is worth a 2nd + 3rd...

Thompson (50%) is worth a 3rd at the TDL + the 2020 2nd, hits the percieved value.

Hagelin should be worth a late 1st (28-31) at the TDL.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

Thompson (50%) is worth a 3rd at the TDL + the 2020 2nd, hits the percieved value.

in past three years hagelin has seasons of
16/17-6 goals 16 assists 22 points in 61 games
17/18-10 goals 21 assists 31 points in 81 games
18/19-2 goals 4 assists 6 points in 28 games

if that equals a first rounder then caps should fire their gm

Futures Passed

Sep 2, 2018
in past three years hagelin has seasons of
16/17-6 goals 16 assists 22 points in 61 games
17/18-10 goals 21 assists 31 points in 81 games
18/19-2 goals 4 assists 6 points in 28 games

if that equals a first rounder then caps should fire their gm
Yeah, with him struggling on the Kings still, I honestly don’t think Hagelin is worth more than a 4th right now- a 3rd at best. He’s a soon to be UFA, with a not insignificant cap hit, and hasn’t been able to score goals in awhile. The Caps already have enough quality 4th line forwards.

Last edited:

Futures Passed

Sep 2, 2018
I could see Namestnikov being of good use with the Caps....

Yeah, a change of scenery trade like that would make sense for both teams. I imagine the Caps would have to sweeten the pot a bit. That $4 million cap hit would be hard for the Caps to manage though. At minimum they would need some help this season but it would be hard to carry after this season. It would probably seal the deal on the Caps losing Connolly in free agency this year- unless they turned around and traded Namestikov again at the draft or some such.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015

Hagelin is not worth a 1st Deadline or No. If anything Hagelin and Burakovsky are similar in value. Thompson + 2nd is still not worth a 1st. And the Caps are not trading their two highest value chips for Hagelin and Thompson.

Reactions: Futures Passed

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
the biggest problem with the Caps as i see it is, the org is right up to the Salary cap..... the team has no room to help.

with that said, you try to trade one of the players that has a several million contract. ref to that player, how many other teams will want that player ??

next the org has something like 3 mil coming off the books, well that is in the off season.

so realistically speaking, how do you the Caps fan see any team helping....

Makar Goes Fast

grocery stick
Aug 17, 2012
downtown poundtown
colorado has a ton of tweeners but caps may be looking for someone with a bit more bite. I would recommend Andrighetto and it wouldn't cost much. he can produce in the right situations.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Smith Pelly + 3rd/4th...Idk the +

For

Connor Brown

Am I on the right Track? Brown will have to be a cap casualty for the Leafs more then likely. Leafs could use a bigger player for the playoffs on the 4th line.

He's been bounced around the line up for 2 years not able to establish chemistry with anyone, see him as a perennial 10-15 goal 30-40 point guy still

Last edited:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Smith Pelly + 3rd/4th...Idk the +

For

Connor Brown

Am I on the right Track? Brown will have to be a cap casualty for the Leafs more then likely. Leafs could use a bigger player for the playoffs on the 4th line.

He's been bounced around the line up for 2 years not able to establish chemistry with anyone, see him as a perennial 10-15 goal 30-40 point guy still

i think the caps have to pay a little more then dsp and a third but if that works for you all then deal lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad