Seravalli: Capitals have openly engaged teams about Kuznetsov and Mantha

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I’ll attach a small asset or draft pick to Mantha but I don’t think the Caps should be desperate to get rid of him.

We can just let him play under a new coach for one year or buy him out.

Even 50% retention is a useless maneuver, I think. What kind of player are you getting with 2.85 Cap space? Might as well be Mantha who does have potential for a rebound.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Whoever gets Kuznetsov better have a strong leadership group. I could see the Penguins making sense for him tbh Crosby isn't letting his habits impact the team and could make him refocus

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The Mantha trade looked bad at the time and, even with Vrana being booted out of Detroit, looks even worse now. Mantha has a lot of ability but I am losing faith in him being able to bring it consistently.
I think Kuzy to the Avs makes a bit of sense.
Agreed.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Kuznetsov and Nichushkin together on the road…what could possibly go wrong?!

At this point, I think the real question is why they didn’t go with Vrana as well. That trio would have so much energy.

The Caps are in a weird spot. They aren’t really built to compete at the highest level, but they can’t really go full rebuild since Ovy is still chasing that record

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Canucks need to be in on both.

Any interest Garland for Mantha?

Canucks trial run mantha for a year.
Caps get a great 5 on 5 player who needs more oppertunity, could flourish in washington.
Signed on a decent contract

Reactions: Fatass and Tritsche

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Kuzy is a gamble for sure, but one I’d feel intrigued about. His best game is very good, as seen in the playoffs when the Caps won the cup and he could’ve won the Conn Smythe. 1 year removed from a PPG season shows the skills are still there.

He’s not that old, 2 years at 31&32. If he gets a kick in the butt after a trade, those could be very productive seasons as he’s trying to impress his new team, win and play for his last contract.

I think his performance would depend heavily on where he lands and how excited he is about it. Also where he is in life of course, that I don’t know.

Mantha at this point feels like he’s forever going to be a ’what could’ve been’ type of player. Probably best fit on a non-competitive team where somebody has to score and he can showcase skill in more loose games. For a team trying to compete for a cup, I don’t know if he’s worth bringing in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad