GDT: CAPITALS GAME WARNING: LIGHTNING @ 5:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1713059085157.gif

A competitive battle for today's game puck, with a lot of players vying for the ultimate prize. But it can only go to one, and today that one is Nic Dowd.

A lot of honorable mentions: Sonny Milano, Charlie Lindgren, John Carlson, Alex Alexeyev, Dylan Strome, and Tom Wilson.

Last edited:

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
sammy continues to let us down :(
That is why we didn't give him a qualifying offer at the time, and he went from being a RFA to UFA. The mental goaltending game is too much for him to handle. It's really bizarre how he wins a lot of games, but his SV%/GAA is mostly not that good for a 1st round pick that is supposed to be a starting goalie.

CapsSkins

Jan 23, 2017
Soooo, an ominous looms... do you start Kuemper against Boston or Philly?

We cannot lose in regulation against Philly or we get eliminated no matter whatever else happens. So I'd think to start Lindgren Tuesday and Darcy on Monday. But maybe it's better to keep Chuckie on the every-other-day rhythm? It's a tough call.

Reactions: CapsJunkie

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If scores hold we are a playoff team with 2 games left
Habs play the Wings twice in a home-away scenario. Pens host Preds and finish up on the road against the Isles. Flyers host us to finish.

Soooo, an ominous looms... do you start Kuemper against Boston or Philly?

We cannot lose in regulation against Philly or we get eliminated no matter whatever else happens. So I'd think to start Lindgren Tuesday and Darcy on Monday. But maybe it's better to keep Chuckie on the every-other-day rhythm? It's a tough call.
Play Chucky both games!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Crap, Pens just made it 4-3 with plenty left in the 3rd!

Almost like the Bruins are trying to be the Leafs!

I would rather have Hunter Shepard start against the Flyers than put Kuemper in net!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Yeah seriously. At this point in Wilson's career I don't think any ref is going to pay much attention to him crying about an elbow.
Which is horseshit. Call them all, or don’t call any of them.

Had Wilson did what Eyesshithead did? Would be a 20 game suspension. It’s all f***ing cheap horseshit

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
Too early to say that imho. While it seems like a lot, if they go on a tear in the playoffs where guys like him are valuable it pays off. Hoping it don't.
2 assists, 0 goals and a -7 in 12 career playoff games. Having physical players willing to grind it out is valuable in the playoffs, but not for the 1st/2nd/3rd/4th/5th round picks that they gave. 5 picks including a 1st and a 2nd because of the “every team wants a Tom Wilson” thing, he was touted as Tom Wilson at home, but it turns out he’s closer to Tom Wilson at your weird neighbors home or something.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Husband is a very lucky fella, that’s for sure. It does look like a prom dress though.
Good thing she's not your wife!
Scenario 1:
Alexander the Gr8: Alexa honey, why are you wearing something that looks like a prom dress?

Alexa: *disgust!* I hope you are ready to sign some divorce papers in the near future!

Scenario 2:

Me: Honey, I love the Emerald Green dress! You look so gorgeous in it!

Alexa: Thank you Babe! I have a good surprise for you later on tonight! *use your imagination to what that might be!*

Why does this team play so much better against playoff teams. They're skating so well right now.
This is the difference between playing to win the game and playing to lose the game!

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
It was sooo obvious that game turned personal for them, entirely different intensity than usual. Great win. Great to see them so physical too.

Lol what a lead picture on NHL com:

uz3odppxthedmeob4eiv.jpg

Johnny excited af after a goal, Ovy with a phlegmatic stick salute, and Wilson looks like he's still clutching his face after a Kucherov elbow.

We're back to controlling our destiny now. Beat the Broons, then beat the Flyers who will be eliminated by that point.

Last edited:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Was a scary episode for Jensen but fortunately he's ok.

The one and only good thing is that we're controlling our destiny but everything else is against us.

- back to back (against a rested opponent) + travel
- our BOTH opponents will have something to play for.
- NYI/DET/PIT will face teams that have nothing to play for.
- NYI : Should win against Devils and secure their spot.
- DET : 2 easy games left.
- PIT : I think they are the team that is the most dangerous for the Caps. They will play against 2 non motivated teams NSH and NYI (if NYI W against Devils).

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden
Happy to see the team engaged and winning.

Also Eyssimont had a similar situation with Rasmus Sandin when playing in the 2023 WC. Sandin was out for a few games. Happy to see Dowd giving it to him and the rest of the team hounding him.

Reactions: Acallabeth

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Happy to see the team engaged and winning.

Also Eyssimont had a similar situation with Rasmus Sandin when playing in the 2023 WC. Sandin was out for a few games. Happy to see Dowd giving it to him and the rest of the team hounding him.
I've never seen Dowd quite like that. Even when the fight was finished he was mouthing off and basically feeding a f*** you attitude to anyone who wanted it for a moment. He definitely told Eyssimont what was up when he pinned him and then it looked like he had a little something to say to somebody else, loved it.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
As hard as it is to watch players fight now based on what we know, that Dowd bout is why it’s still useful to allow it. You wanna make an unsafe hit/shove against the boards vs one of our guys, f*** you if you think there are no consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad