GDT: CAPITALS GAME WARNING: LIGHTNING @ 5:30PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
View attachment 851446

A competitive battle for today's game puck, with a lot of players vying for the ultimate prize. But it can only go to one, and today that one is Nic Dowd.

A lot of honorable mentions: Sonny Milano, Charlie Lindgren, John Carlson, Alex Alexeyev, Dylan Strome, and Tom Wilson.

It really seems like Alexeyev has improved significantly, have the advanced stats shown that as well? He wasn’t given much of a chance earlier this season but when he did play he wasn’t really showing much.

Reactions: Calicaps

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
This is the kind of game I'd been hoping to see more of down the stretch
go north
crash n bang
crowd got a good game

that kind of impact Jensen took into the boards was pretty severe, awesome that he can walk out of the arena and not need the hospital, incredibly fortunate it wasn't much worse

Chuckie Sideburns. :pickle:
v nice to see he's been able to handle a heavy load (where I think the biggest question was to handle being the #1G )

2 pts on Monday please

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
It really seems like Alexeyev has improved significantly, have the advanced stats shown that as well? He wasn’t given much of a chance earlier this season but when he did play he wasn’t really showing much.

In terms of GAR he grades out as their best D in terms of defensive impact on a rate basis:

1713116019135.png

Overall he's their second best defender in terms of GAR/60.

As far as I'm concerned he's earned the third pairing role entering next season.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
In terms of GAR he grades out as their best D in terms of defensive impact on a rate basis:

View attachment 851716

As far as I'm concerned he's earned the third pairing role entering next season.
I’m good w this. Alexeyev should be an every night player. Question will be — what about Iorio?

Sandin and Carlson aren’t going anywhere. That’s 2 top 4D.

So that leaves Fever, TVR, Jensen as the carried over stalwarts from this season.

I’d be surprised if they traded Fever. Top 4 or not, he can play w Carlson.

So that leaves Jensen & TVR. One should be upgraded by another true “top 2” d-man, and the other can play w Alexeyev on the bottom pair.

So….who is the D-man they should target? They have the cap space and the assets to acquire one.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Im surprised we have not heard that Jensen is in the concussion protocol. He's was knocked out.

And for the Boston game lets bring back Holtby for one game. He always owned Boston he cant do much worst then Darcy lol

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Anyone giving Wilson credit for not taking a stupid retaliation penalty in the 3rd after that elbow to his face?
That’d be bragging about something you’re supposed to do.

View attachment 851716

It’s wild he only really got a shot after Bear went down.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Anybody who wants my full take can undoubtedly find it on the main boards but… man I hate that type of hit. Feels like we are boarding as maybe a 5 foot max but that 6-8 range is deadly with momentum and this game is rarely played without it.

I caught an edge once, went airborne, and hit the base of the boards so hard my whole lower body went numb for like 10 minutes, it’s bitch of a place to eat shit. Boarding should definitely be applicable in that space but it’s like the NHL just doesn’t want to do it.

Y’all remember when Lecavalier tossed Jack Hillen into the wall, separated his shoulder, and f***ed up his time here if not the twilight of his whole career? Because I still do.

Liam Smith

May 8, 2017
Massachusetts
I didn’t realize that Eyssimont also went to St. Cloud State. Of course Dowd and Jensen were teammates there a few years prior, so it makes sense that Dowd wanted to be the guy that fed Mikey punches.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
From the people who constantly shit on him and think he can't control himself, it would be a significant admission.
I see your point. Yes good job by Wilson.

Really he got robbed a drawn penalty, damn refs.

Last edited:

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Missed the game (and BC game) since I was traveling this weekend. Sounds like a lot of shit in this game so glad we got the two points.

Will be at the game tomorrow though! Gotta win out!

legionista

Jan 17, 2013
Maryland/Brooklyn
Was at this game, in terms of having it all, probably the best regular season game I've been to in a few years.
Refs were terrible.
After Jensen went out, most of the game and atmosphere felt like a playoff game, part of me felt the refs took Eyssimont out of the penalty box because they thought the fans in that section were going to tear him to shreds, couple guys were nearly climbing over the glass lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad