Post-Game Talk: Capitals @ Devils - 4/4/14 7:00 PM Caps Lose 2-1

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I honestly can't see this team succeeding as him as our #1 guy. He will only get slower as he ages. Sorry but someone had to say it.

'Someone had to say it?' Why? Is there a shortage of Ovie critics?

I can't think of a player in the league who has more detractors, on HFBoards, on TV broadcasts, in opposing rinks, everywhere. It's not like you're the first to say that we'll never win as long as he is captain.

Then again, the Caps have never won much, ever, pre-Ovie or during Ovie. I personally think the franchise's problems are deeper and more longstanding than just Ovie.

I'd prefer to keep him.

I wish we had hired Ted Nolan when we had the chance. But we didn't.

I do think we need a hardass now, whether Laviolette or Hunter or someone else in that mold.

The good news about the current debacle is, it will probably spell the end for both Oates and GMGM.

McPhee is way his past expiration date. He was given 16 years. He didn't get it done. Time for someone else to get the chance.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah, I figured they would so I didn't watch it on purpose. I don't suppose they're calling out Oates in any way, are they?

Pilloried Ovie, praised Brouwer, barely mentioned Oates except to say Brouwer might have been taking a little shot at him with his recent quote.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Its 7:07, why isn't the game starting already instead of going to commercial...

Also lol @ that stat of Backstrom only 2 ES goals in last 39 games and MoJo 1 in the last 59 games. Thats Ovechkin's 2 most common linemates only scoring a combined 3 ES goals in 98 combined games.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This has the makings of a **** show already. Waste a 5 on 3 and then on the PK? Trouble

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad