OT: Capitals Cinema Club: TV and Movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I just finished the first 6 episodes, its as close to a perfect animated show I have ever seen! Dare I say it, even better than
Castlevania, which in itself is fantastic.

yep, agree, very fun watch. I dug Castlevania….toss up for me. This has a lighter vibe….

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
yep, agree, very fun watch. I dug Castlevania….toss up for me. This has a lighter vibe….

I finished the entire first season. I can't recommend it enough to everyone, it borders on perfect. Certainly the best animated TV
series I think I've ever seen. And the great thing about it, Season 1 is a stand-alone season. You can enjoy it like its a single story, and never follow the series again. Or you can continue to watch future seasons. I'm not sure if that was intentional, but it just works out that way, and its great. Again, highly recommended.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Finished Euphoria last night, pretty wild show. Not for the kids. Also last season of Peaky Blinders is out now, going to start it this week.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I paused after episode 4 to not burn through it and let it breath a little. Liking it. Solid fare….

That is a funny thing I have noticed myself doing like if I get to one or two episodes (most often one) and might not watch it for months before finally finishing. The Last Kingdom's last season comes out later in March which is cool.

I've always found the paganism clash with christianity exploration always interesting in either the original Vikings, this new one, and The Last Kingdom.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
That is a funny thing I have noticed myself doing like if I get to one or two episodes (most often one) and might not watch it for months before finally finishing. The Last Kingdom's last season comes out later in March which is cool.

I've always found the paganism clash with christianity exploration always interesting in either the original Vikings, this new one, and The Last Kingdom.

Yes, did not know that! That’s MY favorite “Viking” series…..

I barely tried Vikings, didn’t get hooked. I should probably give it more of a chance.

Last edited:

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Yes, did not know that! That’s MY favorite “Viking” series…..

I barely tried Vikings, didn’t get hooked. I should probably give it more of a chance.

I've stalled out somewhere in season 4 as the main character storyline just kind of loses it, imho. Though I like some of the characters the heartbeat of the show was always Ragnar.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
sneaky Pollyanna McIntosh role….big fan….

You know I didn't realize that was her but now it makes sense since the queens look was somewhat striking.

1883 man what a last few bruising but fantastic episodes. The emotional tie in to the beginning of the Yellowstone series and the weight of the ancestors that founded and those that worked on the land is powerful.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
You know I didn't realize that was her but now it makes sense since the queens look was somewhat striking.

1883 man what a last few bruising but fantastic episodes. The emotional tie in to the beginning of the Yellowstone series and the weight of the ancestors that founded and those that worked on the land is powerful.

last episode….damn there is some hardcore paganism….just sent a dude to Odin….crazy.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Finished Euphoria last night, pretty wild show. Not for the kids. Also last season of Peaky Blinders is out now, going to start it this week.
You’re the second person I’ve heard say Peaky’s new season is out but I only see five seasons on Netflix?

Edit: it’s only available in the UK right now.

Reactions: max21

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
You’re the second person I’ve heard say Peaky’s new season is out but I only see five seasons on Netflix?

Edit: it’s only available in the UK right now.
Guess it’s airing weekly in the UK, so Netflix is waiting so they can drop it all at once like they normally do. Really hope I don’t come across any spoilers tho, that’s one of my favorite shows

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Guess it’s airing weekly in the UK, so Netflix is waiting so they can drop it all at once like they normally do. Really hope I don’t come across any spoilers tho, that’s one of my favorite shows
Same. Peaky was my Covid lockdown show. When the world shut down in March 2020 I was looking for a show to watch by myself when the wife and kids went to school and finally started Peaky which had been in my queue for forever. Crushed way too much Irish whiskey during late night binges but it was worth it.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Same. Peaky was my Covid lockdown show. When the world shut down in March 2020 I was looking for a show to watch by myself when the wife and kids went to school and finally started Peaky which had been in my queue for forever. Crushed way too much Irish whiskey during late night binges but it was worth it.
Lol bro you’re not lying, that show legitimately makes you want to smoke cigarettes and drink whisky. I almost have to have a glass of Jameson while watching that show

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Lol bro you’re not lying, that show legitimately makes you want to smoke cigarettes and drink whisky. I almost have to have a glass of Jameson while watching that show
And get a 1920s gangster haircut. And wear a three-piece suit.

I started making drinks instead of just pouring brown stuff over a cube of ice thinking that if I put in the effort to make a solid cocktail than I wouldn’t drink it as fast or I wouldn’t get as hammered because there were other ingredients aside from straight up booze but those assumptions were quickly proven inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad