GDT: Capitals @ Blue Jackets - 1/17/14 7 PM

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
The critical moment in this game came at the end of the 2nd period when I hit record on the remote and jumped in the hot tub.

As for the hockey, HAHAHAHAHA! What a joke. We have a 3-headed goaltender named Fluffy, nobody can play defense, there's no offensive chemistry or flow, and the roster/line decisions are baffling.

Blow it up.

Oates whines about not having to make Knute Rockne speaches or motivate the players with "amateur psychology". Says it's not his thing. Well, your thing isn't working. Try something else.

butters8814*

Please tell me in any other line of work, if the product keeps on disapointing and doesnt live up to hype, you still have a jjob, Mcgarbage is worthless and the worst GM in the nhl, Fat ted just sits up there counting his money and not giving one crap about what the fans want and need from this team

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
The critical moment in this game came at the end of the 2nd period when I hit record on the remote and jumped in the hot tub.

As for the hockey, HAHAHAHAHA! What a joke. We have a 3-headed goaltender named Fluffy, nobody can play defense, there's no offensive chemistry or flow, and the roster/line decisions are baffling.

Blow it up.

Oates whines about not having to make Knute Rockne speaches or motivate the players with "amateur psychology". Says it's not his thing. Well, your thing isn't working. Try something else.

Mentally, the Caps were right there with you.

dcsfanatic

Dec 19, 2006
We missed out on having Tim Murray be our GM....oh well. Ted is such an idiot.

I guess Darcy Regier is available.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
Trade for Whitney..get him in here cheap. He'll be motivated to get the **** out of Dallas and he still has game in him.

KevinM

Feb 7, 2012
D.C.
It seems every time I miss a game we have an embarrassing loss. Who's to blame this time besides the usual Laich/Brouwer/Erskine/Carrick?

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
New ways of watching: background, nosound. If there is a change in score, seeking back to the goal and then repeating the scheme.

Very good, reliable method.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Green and Ovechkin calls were pathetic. Even worse is listening to the Blue Jackets broadcast justify the penalty, ****ing amatuer hour Pejorative Slurs the Blue Jackets have.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Life is much more pleasant when one has to work late on Friday and DVRs the game and upon checking the score quietly deletes game from DVR. :nod:

mention

Dec 27, 2013
Norway
Great first 10 minutes. We then looked like a really good team, as we did at times in Pittsburgh. But we see again that this team just can't play a full 60 minute game. And when we are bad, there's no one worse in the league. Not even close.

I want a trade to shake things up. I know it's a bit premature, he did have a good start to the season, but i would like to see the return for Holtby. I've lost faith in him being a rock solid no. 1 guy anyway. At least just do something. Trading Laich and Brouwer won't be easy, I mean, look at their cap hits.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Green and Ovechkin calls were pathetic. Even worse is listening to the Blue Jackets broadcast justify the penalty, ****ing amatuer hour Pejorative Slurs the Blue Jackets have.

Many Jackets fans are none too fond of Rimmer's calls, either, but he's certainly no amateur, in fact he called Caps games from 1983 to 1993.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
Welcome Ted, you have not created a COMPLETE MESS. GMGM is lost and Oates is getting nothing out of the players. Glad to see Bruce is having a great season. Nice job gentlemen.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
They have one of the toughest remaining schedules so I'd put it at a little less.

The longer they let these baffling lineup decisions exist the fewer points they'll bank and the tougher their road will get. If they just let it play out and wait until the off-season I don't think this group will get it done to make the playoffs. Post-deadline March with this team, even with a better third pair from within the org., is going to be one rough month.

McPhee has sort of handcuffed himself with the ****** contracts so, shrug, let 'em flop. I wonder if McPhee will even be given the chance for a desperation trade to begin with. After the Erat deal last year and the motivation behind it, how compelling is it to once again be in a position to buy simply to make the playoffs? May enough finally be enough? I've got to think the leash is as short as it's ever been.

Do you really believe Leonsis told him to sink or swim with what he has? Or is that short leash all in McPhee's mind given the Erat fiasco? I do not want McPhee touching anyone not named Brouwer, Laich, or Erskine at this point. I don't trust his judgement one iota.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Do you really believe Leonsis told him to sink or swim with what he has? Or is that short leash all in McPhee's mind given the Erat fiasco? I do not want McPhee touching anyone not named Brouwer, Laich, or Erskine at this point. I don't trust his judgement one iota.
Yeah, hard to say how explicit it is (if at all). I wouldn't think McPhee's hands are completely tied if a sensible deal can be made but, realistically, I doubt he has a great deal of options thanks to their cap situation.

The Kypreos report offers a glimmer of hope. There should only be more scrutiny as to his status should they continue to slide. With six of seven on the road to close out the month and two back-to-backs that wouldn't be surprising. They don't seem to have much stamina or a particularly high level of play generally so fatigue will impact them more than most. Even when they've been the better possession team lately their defensive breakdowns have been so bad that being the heavier volume team doesn't make much of a difference.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Yeah, hard to say how explicit it is (if at all). I wouldn't think McPhee's hands are completely tied if a sensible deal can be made but, realistically, I doubt he has a great deal of options thanks to their cap situation.

The Kypreos report offers a glimmer of hope. There should only be more scrutiny as to his status should they continue to slide. With six of seven on the road to close out the month and two back-to-backs that wouldn't be surprising. They don't seem to have much stamina or a particularly high level of play generally so fatigue will impact them more than most. Even when they've been the better possession team lately their defensive breakdowns have been so bad that being the heavier volume team doesn't make much of a difference.

What was the Kypreos report?

Vladiator16*

Urbom is no longer in the Caps' organization. They waived him and NJ took him back.

Thanks, didn't know that.

Worked till 3:30AM, did not listen, my wife DVRed it for me... just woke up checked the score... not even gonna bother... hit delete.

So... 2 W in last 10... impressive...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad